Sunday 12 June 2011

To the Mattresses!!

It as been a busy productive weekend. The most important event of all was my pretend grandbaby arrived this weekend, born exactly on her due date. Clever little madam. I popped up to the hospital this afternoon and had a quick cuddle and a visit with the new parents. AND TOTALLY FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE! I was too caught up in looking at her and rocking her I never thought of it. ACK I am loosing it. The new baby is such a dainty little lady, she is tiny and  just perfect, with lots of dark hair. She snoozed through my visit but that's ok I will have lots more opportunity to visit her in the days to come. For the longest itme I have dearly wanted to be a Grandma so I came up with a solution to my problem,  I just laid claim to a friends child. I get to be Grandma Linda and I get to spoil her to my hearts content. Win win all round.

This is what else I did besides dote over my grandbaby, I took a round out of this headboard. This is what it used to look like, then I committed the ultimate sin
 I painted the headboard white. Yes, yes, I did, I painted wood and I am not afraid to admit it!! I added some green accents, a little stenciling and relocated it to the green bed room. It looks like it belongs in there and I am very happy with it. So I took the old bed frame and headboard out of the green bedroom, replaced them with the bed frame and headboard that was in my room, washed all the bedding and put the room back together. It was great fun wrestling the mattress, box spring and bed frames around but it all worked out in the end. The extra bed frame and headboard are on my veranda waiting their new owners to come and take them home. I gave them away and they were snapped up in less than an hour of me putting them on the local web site.

Then I tried to work on my puppets.
The resident snoopervisor made her wishes known and planted her furry butt right on my work space. She is more hindrance than help but she is determined. She loves to get all up in my business when I am trying to work. She suddenly has to have some attention, has to have it right now and it is immaterial what you are trying to do, Minou needs some attention.


So we stopped for a bit of a scratch and tickle which got her purring like a tractor. Minou has the most wonderful purr, its instant, its loud and its the most contented sound. She did eventually have her fill and then removed her exalted personage from my work space and retired to the upper level for a nap .



I have also started to pull up the kitchen floor. This is bitter sweet for me. I love my floor, the tile was given to me when I bought the house and I love it. Its easy to care for and looks so much better than what is on the floor originally. The problem is this is rigid flooring and my house is over a hundred years old. There is not a level surface in this house. The floor is popping apart and the tiles are separating and its just not working. I have found that flexible laminate flooring is a better deal for me. I can install it myself and it bends with the wonky floor. I have found some that looks like cork so I am going to put that down over the summer I hope. This needs to come up now so when the carpenter is here this coming weekend he can remove the dead dishwasher from my kitchen.

I laid the flexible laminate in my living and dining room that looks like wood and it works well in this old house. I had hoped for real wood floors when I pulled up carpet after I bought this house but no such luck. Sigh.

Icing on the cake that is my day is that  I have the university puppet order completed, well at least the ones that have to be there right now. They have ordered 6 more but I have until August to get them finished. I am having a puppet break in July and devoting myself to nothing but quilts. I am soooo excited about that. I have at least a half dozen quilts that need to be finished and I am going to enjoy working on them. Anyway, there are 13 puppets in this bag and they will be delivered to their new home tomorrow. Pardon me while I do a happy dance about the sewing room.


Ok I am back. I had hoped to do some yard work this weekend but its raining AGAIN!! It the middle of June, I have no plants planted, the weeds are running amok and I wonder if its worth even trying. I am going to pray for a dry day and then I can at least spray the weeds.

Time to make supper.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment