Wednesday 15 June 2011

this and that

Well tonight I finished pulling up the laminate tile in the kitchen. I am pooped. It took four days to do it all by myself and there is still a big pile of it in the kitchen that needs to be hauled outside. It took that long because I only wanted to do a section at a time. That stuff is heavy!! The kitchen is now free and clear for the Carpenter to remove my dishwasher this weekend. I am sad to see the tile gone but on the other hand I am happy its done and I don't have to think about it any more. Now I am free to stalk the new tile until I can afford to buy it. Things are a lot cleaner in the kitchen, as they got a scrubbin' while everything was all pulled apart.

The university puppet order is done and delivered. I am free to get at my quilts now. I am looking foreward to quilting and quilting and quilting.  I have at least six of them to make and I have left them far too long. They are all in partial stages of completion except for one that I have not started at all. I will be posting pictures for sure. Monday the quilting bee will begin.

I am really excited about this weekend. I love having company and the Carpenter and Busy have not been here for a weekend for ages. (I started out calling her the organiser but Busy suits her better, that woman is always doing something, being still is not in her nature). They both work full time, he works every other weekend and he has an after hours handyman job not to mention they are finishing the house they built themselves. They also have two grown and married children they like to visit.  They do not have many spare weekends in the year.

Not only is he going to remove the dishwasher for me, he is going to put a light switch in my upper hallway. The current set up, I suspect, would not be up to code and I want it changed. As is typical in an old house the switch is not only suspect its totally in the wrong place. I want it where you would naturally reach for the switch when you get to the top of the stairs. Bit of trivia about my old house, the light switches are all upside down , just like the plug-ins. What is up with that?

Tomorrow night I will be doing the last minute clean up before they get here. Tonight I am done, I am tired, I don't even have the umph to haul the tile out to the back. Tomorrow I will do it. Tomorrow I will be rested. Tomorrow I will want to. Right now all I want to do is nothing.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment