Thursday 30 June 2011

this and that

Wow the week is over and I haven't posted anything but a picture of herself. Its the end of the week, and a three day weekend looms ahead, and its a wonderful thing. I have lots of little jobs to do this weekend. The bestest, bestest thing is I finally finished covering the camper cushions for a co-worker. It was a job I took on without knowing all the details and there were times I felt I had bit off more than I could chew. But they are done. The last one is on my veranda waiting its owners to come along and take it home. They are camping this weekend so I wanted to get it finished. I have dragged my feet on this project so the camping trip was a good kick in the butt, no pictures, I'm afraid.

Lets see what else makes me happy, its payday, there is a three day weekend ahead, I have supper plans for tomorrow night, I have lots of projects to keep me busy, and my peonies are blooming in the yard at long last.

I love, love, love, peonies and this is the first year that the ones in the front yard have bloomed.There are white ones in the front yard and dark pink ones in the back yard. I may even go and cut a bouquet to have in the dining room. Its a good thing they bloomed because I did not plant flowers this year. Too wet, to late in the season and frankly the budget just did not stretch to it this year. I don't want to think about the budget, it will ruin my happy mood. I will think about that tomorrow. 

Back to my flowers. My yard has a long way to go but it tickles me to no end to look out the kitchen window and see little shots of colour here and there as things finally bloom.  The flower bed just mostly looks like a jungle out there. The weeds are running amok and apparently I am more than content to let them have their way, maybe this weekend I will actually do something about them. If I can crank up the courage to face the clouds of mosquitoes that are lurking outside my door, waiting to eat me alive. Those little critters just love me.

So the weekend looms large, three days of freedom. Whoot!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment