Tuesday 21 June 2011

Grandbaby Quilt

This is what I did tonight and it was wonderful fun. I had the top sewn together before but tonight I quilted it, bound it and now its done. This is the crib quilt for my grandbaby, I still have the bumper pads to make but they will get done ASAP because my little ladybug is home and she needs the finishing touches for her perfect princess bedroom. This plain, simple crib quilt is made of the most delightfully soft, squishy material. I want to wrap everything in it. It is covered with these little bumps that give it a polka dot effect. Its baby perfect. I did not use a batt as the material is thick enough a batt would have made the quilt heavy on a little body. Her Mommy decided on the quilt and in my eyes its perfect, simple, soft and feminine.This quilt is small so I may make a bigger one. We have lots of material and a bigger one may be not a bad thing. I will consult with the new mommy first because after all it is her material.

Its been awhile since I spent an evening with a quilt. Since Sunday, I have mended pants for the Teddy Bear, recovered cushions for the Hummingbird and now making the crib quilt. Oh its a joy to be crossing things off my "to do" list besides puppets. I love my puppets but its time for me to be doing other things. I need to do other things, my crafty stuff is as important to me as breathing and I never ever ever want it to become a job and not a joy.

This is the first quilt of many I will be blogging about in the near future. Whoot!!





No comments:

Post a Comment