Sunday 5 June 2011

Dang Bumble Bees are at it again

The second thing that can light a fire under your butt is the sudden knowledge that actual people are going to see your bedroom. My bedroom currently is not a sanctuary, a haven of calm. Its the junk yard where the cat and I battle for a spot on the bed and the clutter piles up because its the last room in the house to be redecorated. When you are going to redecorate you don't do to much to keep the place impeccable. At least I don't.

But my new bed is coming today. Doin' a little happy dance here. Today works for the wonderful people who are bringing the bed so I scrambled up stairs and turned the garbage dump into something fit for company. Oh my,  I need a nap. I cannot tell you how excited I am to get this bed. Its queen sized and its free!!! Well we are doing a barter of sorts but they are basically giving it to me. (Have I ever mentions I have some wonderful friends????) . The bed I currently have was my Mother's. Its over thirty years old and the springs keep poking out of it. Magazines between the mattress and the sheets have protected me from this for now but its life span is really over. Its used up, worn out and need to be thrown out.

This is so much fun for me. It means brand new sheets, it means I will finally make the dust ruffle that matches the curtains and it means that I will have incentive to finish that other quilt I started for my room.  I will adjust the current quilt that I use as a bed spread to fit the new bed. I had thought about making something new but its still in good shape and I really like it,( not to mention that it already matches the curtains.) In my chilly house you need at least two quilts on the bed.  All that will be left to do is paint and replace the carpet. So exciting. 

So now all I can do is wait for the new bed to arrive. Which could be any minute now. :-)


In the mean time I will show you a little project I did this weekend. I got the inspiration from one of the blogs that I  read and I cannot for the life of me remember which one it was. Sorry I would give you credit if I could but I cannot remember nor can I find the entry again. The blogger had painted an old tin for pet food, she put her pets name on the tin but I had other ideas. I loved it and I also happened to have this old tin hanging around.


A little spray paint, some stenciling and I turned it into this.  I love it and its so much prettier looking than the plastic containers that I was using for the dry cat food. There are 4 of them to be honest so condensing it down to one will be space saving. The best thing of all was I had all the ingredients on hand so it did not cost me a dime and I  finally found a use for that big old popcorn tin. :-)


I love tins and baskets and containers. This just ticks all of the boxes for me.


Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment