Saturday 25 June 2011

Saturday Stuff

I am not sure that I can adequately portray to you how much I love the weekends. I do not have to listen to an alarm clock go off, I pretty much set my own schedule and if I do not wish to go out of the house I do not have to. I love to putter about my house. It gives me a happy.

Today I feel like I got stuff done, like I made progress, that I was a productive being not a slug on the couch. I was up early, remade the red room bed, washed the hall floor, stripped my bed, scrubbed the stairs, ran the dishwasher, painted the treads on the stairs, did laundry, made soup, had tea with my dear friend the Hostess. (I had thought of calling her the Cook because, damn, that woman can cook. Its not enough though she is so much more than that, she is the best hostess, she always makes you welcome, she is a wonderful friend to have AND  I am not saying that because I am drunk on homemade cookies fresh from her kitchen). Yum......... warm cookies...........where was I???? Oh yes back to my day, I did a small sewing job, knit on an afghan for myself, decided on a pattern for a quilted runner I am making for Busy, tidied up the kitchen AND I made laundry soap from scratch today. I have wanted to do this for a long time now and if it works well I will be making it again for sure. Its easy to make and easy on the pocketbook, but the proof will be in how well it cleans the clothes.  Not bad for a days work I think.

Tomorrow I am off to have my cards read. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for me. I find this all a lark, its fun and a chance for a trip with a couple of friends. A nice little outing for a Sunday. I do not hold my breath and have a tantrum if what I am told does not come true. I would have keeled over dead long ago since I have been hearing about a certain farmer since 1979. I mean, really, if 7 psychics say its so, should it not be so??? I ask you.

If we get back to town early enough I have some yard work to do. This week I am making bumper pads and I am going to finish recovering a camper cushion I should have had done a long time ago. My co-worker has been very patient with me over these camper cushions.

 Right now I am going to watch a DVD then head to bed.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment