Sunday 19 June 2011

Birthday Weekend

Well, the Carpenter and Busy are on the road home after a delicious late lunch/early supper of barbecued pork chops, Cesar salad and new potatoes. I am sitting here listening to the dishwasher hum away and the house has that lonely, empty feeling that it always has once company goes home. It has been a wonderful birthday weekend for me. It was so good to have them here for the weekend. I love to have company and getting some of the jobs done that I have on my to do list is just icing on the cake.

Thanks to the Carpenter, I now have my hall light on a proper light switch and the switch is located in the proper place. My dishwasher is working again after sitting for a year an a half with me thinking it was broken. Turns out someone should have checked the breaker in the basement. Yep, I hang my head in shame that that is the only thing that was wrong with it. I am feeling like a twit but the up side is the dishwasher WORKS!! I have missed it so much. I love that I do not have to save up the money to get another one. Win win with a big hunk of stupid piled on top. Honestly it never ever ever occurred to me to check the breakers. Needless to say, in future this will be one of the first things I check.  We also got the old dining room chairs stored into the basement. I cannot get used to all the room in the dining room. Its been packed with extra chairs for so long.

These were the two jobs that I had lined up for him this weekend, well removing the dishwasher was originally planned but he fixed it instead. Today I got bonus projects accomplished.  This morning Busy got us moving and we tackled the yard work. They moved my potentilla bush for me, weeded my flower beds, and fixed the trim around the flower bed that I could never make stay in the ground. I mowed the lawn and weed whacked while they did the other jobs. We would have done it last night but it rained yet again, well poured down really. Now I am going to go tomorrow night and get some flowers to fill up those lovely clean flowerbeds. :-) I had thought of not bothering but now the yard is so cleaned up it seems a shame not to put in flowers. The three of us did in an hour what it would have taken me three or four hours to do. I tend to loose steam before the job is finished.

I got a magic bullet food processor for my birthday. Happy Dance of Joy!!I have wanted one for ever. Smoothies for breakfast and fresh salsa on tap from now on. Yahoo!!  I was taken out for supper last night and all in all I have to say I had a fabulous weekend. I always get spoiled one way or the other. I always buy myself something and this year I got a CD I have been wanting. Adele's latest, Rolling in the Deep is my new favorite song.

Right now I should be doing laundry but I am larking about on the computer. I will get at the laundry later on. Right now I will wait for the dishwasher to finish and I may just have a little nap on the couch, watch all the Dugger shows on tv. Laundry will get done eventually. Its my birthday and I can do what ever I want!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment