Sunday 26 June 2011

Sunday Stuff

What a good day this has been. A bit of a road trip with some friends, we all went and had our cards read, had lunch out and then headed back home. Nothing new in the card reading. still supposed to be meeting this man, still supposed to be getting married some day. Can't help but think if this doesn't happen soon we will be hiking down the aisle in our walkers :-)  No big lottery wins but money is supposed to get better. She said a bunch of other stuff but there was nothing really big or new or exciting.  It was fun to go. I like to do stuff like that. The trick is to not take it too seriously.

So I got home and decided to try out my homemade laundry soap. I would not say its fantastic but it works well. I definitely think I will make it again. I would change the recipe a little and prepare it a bit differently but all in all I don't think its any worse or better than some store bought ones. I am pleased with it for a first attempt. I would pre soak more with this one than one of the high performance laundry soaps but that is a small price to pay for a really economical soap. Not to mention its super easy to make and makes a lot.

I should have been making bread as well but I ran out of steam. I am going to spend the rest of my evening working on my new afghan. I have had the kit for a couple of years and am just now finally getting around to working on it. There is a roast cooking in the slow cooker, laundry is splashing away in the washing machine, the cat is snoozing on the couch and I am going to go and knit. All round its been a very nice weekend.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment