Wednesday 8 June 2011

Plans, Changes, Projects!! Oh My!!

I love love love my new bed. Its so nice to sleep the night through without a magazine shifting and getting jarred awake by a spring trying to drill it's way through your hip. It's wonderful to wake wound free. Getting the bed has also created changes and things need to be shuffled about. My house is like a giant jigsaw puzzle if you move a piece or change something it causes a ripple effect that can have me going for hours until I get everything settled back into balanced order.  Yes I have issues........what's your problem........shut up!!

Thankfully this is not one of those times when I will be wandering about shuffling things, moving this and that while my eyes glaze over and my brain explodes until it all works again. I do that until I feel that click inside of me that says its all balanced and all is well at the homestead once again. Its not easy being me sometimes. It takes a lot of work to deal with my issues.

This shuffle is simple simple simple but it took me most of last night, mulling things over before I got my plan in place. I do love to have a plan. :-)  My old bed frame does not adjust to fit the new bigger bed size. Easy fix, get a new bed frame come pay day. My old headboard is a curvy antique wooden number that I love and I have had for many years but its for a double bed not a queen. I really thought I would just keep it and make it work because I love it so much. Many thinks later, I have decided that if I am getting a new bed frame I may as well look into a new headboard. The one that I love will move into the green bedroom to replace the plain white rectangular one I have in there. I have thought of doing this many times in the past because it would really suit the room, but it seemed like work anytime I thought about it.  NOW it seems like a fun new change. The headboard just needs a lick of white paint and some stenciling to make it match the rest of the furniture in the room and it will be perfect. Once I do all this I will have a double bed frame and head board to spare. I wonder if I try to sell it, will I have more luck than I did with the dining room chairs??? I do know I can always give it away if I can't sell it.

Now I get to hunt up the perfect new headboard. I think would like something black and iron looking but I will know it when I see it. It has to be perfect, it has to fit the budget (cheap but not crap) and I have to love it. Maybe an old door, that would work too. I could turn it into a headboard. Well this will give me something to look for over the next little while. Who knows what I will end up with but I know it will be something that I love.

In the mean time I can make the dust ruffle,  fix and finish the quilts and maybe find the right paint colour for the room. I have the most ugly, boring, beige wall paper in the room right now. I cannot wait to get it painted and have my blue room once again. The 70's carpet will go and someday a new carpet will take its place. I can see it all in my head, I just need to turn the vision into reality. I will be posting pictures cause that's what I like to do. Plans, changes, projects , oh my ................its all so exciting!!!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment