Sunday 27 January 2013

Sunday Snippets

This morning did not start out all that well, I am beginning to feel the neighbours have joined together in a conspiracy to keep me from sleeping in on Sunday. Two houses down they turned loose the dog, I call him Sir Barks-a-lot, at 7:30 this fine morning. The result of which he barked, howled and moaned until around 8:30 or so when either they let him back into the house or he went hoarse but the barking ceased. I was happy for a brief second until the person in the house right next to mine started pounding on something, He appears to be renovating and today it was time to hammer, repeatedly, for long enough that I finally gave up and got up. Part of the joy of living in the older part of town is that our houses are so close together you can almost hear what is being said in the other house. It sounded like he was hammering right in my living room. You will be happy to know that by 10:30 all was silent and I have not heard a peep all afternoon. Sunday is the one day I get to sleep in, guilt free and I look forward to it all week. Apparently other people have a different plan for me and my Sundays.

The day did get much better as it went along, I went to brunch at the home of the Hostess. We got a peak at her newly renovated living room. She had a mantle with built in cupboards on either side, constructed around her fireplace. Oh my stars it looks lovely. She has made so many changes to that house, its amazing. Teddy Bear was there and our friend KB. We dined on German apple pancake, fruit salad, yogurt and real ham, washed down with coffee and good conversation. We moved furniture around after breakfast and then we coffeed and talked some more. I am going to google up the pancake recipe, it was so good and I would like to make it sometime when my family is here,

I finally hauled the glass to the recycle depot, I can once again walk out of the back porch without fear of tripping. This morning, I did manage to forget to remove the extension cord from my car, so my brand new cord is somewhere between my house and the Hostess' place. Drat! I knew I was going to do that some day. Oh well, I hope it finds a new home. As I promised myself, I stopped at the fabric store on my way home and got what was needed for the rest of the quilt.

Dishes were done and more laundry was dealt with while I happily sewed on the quilt squares for the remainder of the afternoon. I am happy to say that I have all the pieced squares ready to go.


I bought cream coloured material to go in between the squares. The background of the floral print is a cream and I thought it would work. I am very happy with how quickly this quilt is coming together. I hope it quilts up just as fast.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment