Saturday 26 January 2013

Saturday Stuff

Feeling rather smug with myself this weekend because there is little enough housework to be done. I did the majority of it last week before Busy and the Carpenter got here. Next week I am going to get back on my housework schedule and try to keep the place this way. I know I have said this before but I figure if I keep repeating it, I will actually do it. |Our visit was short but sweet. They should be in Jamaica today, basking in the sun while we, who are left behind, shiver in the cold. Ah I am just teasing, I am perfectly happy to be where I am and I am perfectly happy for them to be off on the holiday of their choice.

This morning, I awoke to the usual barking of the neighbours dog, (sigh) I felt so sorry for the poor thing this morning because it was dang cold out there and he was out for more than an hour, that I know of. It was at least that long as that is as long as I could hear him. So I gave up trying to sleep and got up. Groceries needed to be purchased.

I actually enjoy shopping for groceries. I am not over joyed at having to pay for them but I do enjoy the act of shopping for them. I like doing laundry too, so call me weird, you will not be the first or the last. Back to my titillating Satuday activities, where was I? Oh yes groceries, said groceries were duly hauled home and put away. Lunch was made and consumed. (have you passed out yet from the excitement of it all??). A quick phone chat with the Hostess, I made a batch of laundry soap and then decided at long last to get the material stash out and get going on one of the many quilts I want to make this year.

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy digging through the bins that contain my stash, searching and sorting until I  find the right material for the quilt pattern that I have picked out. In no time at all I had my decision made and the material picked, and the bins returned to their hiding places.

I found this pattern on the internet and I liked it. Its so simple and easy to put together but it looks like you have made a really big effort. You start with a regular old nine patch.


Black, grays and burgundy. Like this it looks perfectly fine but with a simple little slice and dice and you get something that looks like this:


I do need to get some plain material to cut the blocks that will go in-between these ones and then I will do the edge of the quilt in the blacks and the grays with a hit of burgundy as well. I will post pictures of course when I am finished. I am not sure what this pattern is called, I hope I can find the blog where I first saw it and get the name.

 I am going to have brunch tomorrow at with the Hostess, Teddy Bear and another friend who has moved away but will be back for a visit. I will stop at the fabric store then to get the rest of the material needed to fill in the plain blocks. If I got my butt in gear I could get the most of the pieced blocks done today, they go that fast.

Tonight I am off to a movie at the local university theater, so I have like 3 and a half hours of sewing time. I only need twelve pieced blocks for the quilt top. Two down, ten to go. Its wonderful fun for me to be in my little house, quilt making on a chilly winter day. Hot cup of tea at my elbow to sip on while I stitch away the hours. Its bliss I tell you, pure bliss.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment