Saturday 19 January 2013

One Foot to the East Continued

Fortified by a hearty bowl of homemade chicken soup and a short nap on the couch I was ready to continue on my with my Saturday "to do" list and I tackled the Tupperware cupboard. This is literally one of those cartoon cupboards that the minute you open the doors, an avalanche of plastic comes barreling at your head and one is forced to fear for your life.


I am not going to share what fell on the floor when I took the doors off but trust me there is a pile of plastic littering the laundry room floor. This is what managed to remain inside the cupboard. Sleeves pushed up, I dove fearlessly into the abyss,  I pulled things out, sorted, purged, debated and returned things, pulled them out again, until at last I could do no more and now it looks like this.


Not a dramatic change but at least it will not decapitate you, should you have the nerve to venture into its confines. I am happy to say that now the most frequently used things are at the front and easily accessible. Lost lids have been found and returned to the lid baskets. I do still need to pull the deep freeze out and retrieve all the bits and pieces that have fallen behind there. (Another day perhaps). I have come out of the whole escapade with  more donations to the charity shop boxes and a half a garbage bag full of recycle.


Personally I think the best look for the cupboard is this one.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment