Sunday 20 January 2013

Sunday Snippets

It has been a cold, cold cold day here. I have no idea what the wind chill is, I think -40 C and the temp is currently -27 c. Brrrrrr. This entire weekend I was only out long enough to shovel the front sidewalk, which takes all of 15 minutes, then I scooted back into the house never to venture out again to day.

I was supposed to go talk the glass to the recycle depot today as its getting harder and harder to get in and out the back door. Too many boxes of glass that needs to be hauled away but it did not happen. Ah well, it can go another day when its warmer and I have more energy.

Things were not nearly as productive around here today. I did laundry, dishes, the walk, knit and puttered about on the computer for a bit. I even spent some time this afternoon watching the cat chase her tail. This made me happier than I can say. Its been ages since I have seen her do that. It warms my heart to see the old lady acting a bit of a kitten. It has puffed her out though. She has spent the rest of the day snoozing about. There is something so comforting about seeing a cat curled up snoozing, someplace soft and cozy. I know she is super tired because I can put my hand on her and she hardly wakes.

Tomorrow night I am off to the Banker's for supper and some serious planning for our trip to Ireland. Oh, I cannot believe that I am going to get to go. I have always wanted to go there, I have no idea why, England should have been my first choice but Ireland has always had my heart. Maybe I lived there in a former life?? Who knows but the plan is to go in September. SO EXCITING!!!

Busy and the Carpenter will be here for a bit on the weekend. They are stopping over on their way to Jamaica. It will be nice to see them. I am looking foreward to having company. I would love to keep him for a day or two and find some jobs for him to do but I will content my self with asking some advise instead of "working them like rented mules"

Well I have run out of things to babble on about. Its time to get off here, Downton Abbey will be on soon and I do not want to miss it.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment