Tuesday 22 January 2013

Locked and Loaded for Ireland and Lots of Babbling About Other Stuff.

Well maybe not locked and loaded but the tickets are booked and September cannot come fast enough for me. I am going to IRELAND for two whole weeks. There is much to be done between then and now but the first step has been made. Oh the fun I will have making lists, things that need doing, things that I need to get, things to take, what not to take, on and on and on it goes. The Banker and I sat down last night and sketched out a plan of what we sort of want to do and what we want to see, leaving room for happy accidents, etc. I could not sleep last night I was so wound up, like a kid a Christmas. There are pints of Guinness to be drunk, shops to explore, castles to visit and sea air to be inhaled!!

Tonight has been much tamer. I got the nice CAA people to come and plug a new battery into my car so in the morning I will be able to get my self to work in my own car once again. I had so many offers of rides and help, I really am spoiled rotten at how truly good my friends are to me. However I like to not feel that I am a burden on anyone and getting around by my own steam is one of the things that makes me feel like I am not troubling anyone else. B eing mobile again is a comfort to my sensibilities.

That took a good part of the evening because its cold and the CAA people are super busy dealing with the fall out from said cold. Once I got that done, got my passport information for the Banker, made some scrambled eggs for supper, time was ticking away. I have managed to get my sewing room improved, not perfect but improved. It took a hour, which is not a very long time, and the counters are cleared, the sewing table is cleared and things are put where they belong. I have a foot high stack of magazines to deal with. I need to get better at looking at them. As good at looking at them as I am at collecting them.

Laundry is chugging away and I actually have found the top of the table. Yikes!! Things are looking up. Nothing like having family for a visit to light a fire under one's butt. Does anyone else besides me leave one thing out after all the Christmas decorations have been put away? It's  not intentional, I try super hard each year to get it all gathered up, but inevitably, I leave at least one thing out that should not be. Well, tonight I finally noticed this years little escape artist. A snow man jar that has been happily hiding in plain sight on the stove until tonight when it finally registered that it was there and should not be, not at this stage of the game. Off it went to the place where Christmas lives until its time to come out again.

I have tomorrow night to finish off the things that need to be done, then Busy and the Carpenter will be here sometime on Thursday night. I have taken Friday off to hang with them while they are here then they will head off to their plane and Jamaica and I will continue to purge, clean, pootle about and generally do my usual thing.

Its all good!! Especially when I am getting to go to IRELAND!!!


Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment