Sunday 13 January 2013

Sunday Catch Up

Cold, quiet day here at the homestead. Did the usual Sunday morning things, slept late, made breakfast, then sort of got ready to face the day.I finally finished the great Christmas Clean Up. Well almost, I have to make a trip to the basement with the trees and the outside stuff but I am going to do that later when my knee is done getting better. Its vastly improved now but it still needs a tad more time to be back to normal. Since a trip to my basement is a bit of an adventure, I need all my leg strength.

This afternoon E and I went to see Lincoln. I liked it. I had a hard time following who was who and who was on side and who was not but on the whole I liked it. Daniel Day Lewis did such a good job, you would forget who he was at times. He reminds me of Meryl Streep with his ability to totally become the character. E thought Sally Field was not right for her part but I thought she was just fine. She cries so well.

Some of my afternoon was spent watching The Last Time I Saw Paris, with Elizabeth Taylor and Van Johnson. I love old movies and thanks to my DVR I will get to actually see the end. I had to leave to pick up E before the movie actually ended and its been so long since I saw it I forget the actual ending. I worked away on my scarf project, sipped tea and watched the movie. A perfect afternoon in my eyes.

Now I am home again. I should actually do the dishes and get the kitchen set to rights but I am not feeling like it. I can do that tomorrow night. Tonight I will flip through some magazines and keep one eye on the Goldon Globes. I usually only ever watch the Academy Awards but there really is not much on TV tonight.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment