Tuesday 5 February 2013

I Am Still Here

I have not fallen off the face of the earth, I have just been busy and strangely lacking in anything pithy to say so therefore the blog has been silent. I will try to figure out something of interest to impart as I go along but I would not be holding your breath if I were you. Its not that I am not doing anything, its just it takes some time for it all to come back to me. My memory is pudding these days.

Best Friend was here for the weekend. She arrived on Thursday, one day earlier than planned due to weather then slipped off again on Monday morning to complete her rounds of work and business. RRSP season brings her out at this time of year and it makes a nice little break for me. We had a lovely time. We really did not do much, visit, eat, sleep, tiny bit of shopping then visit and sleep, and visit and talk and talk and talk. We never seem to be at a loss for things to talk about.

Friday night the No Cook Gang thought  that the Banker and I should go to the Irish Pavilion since it is  Winterfest and all. We will be travelling to the real place in September of this year, so all things Irish are very important. Best Friend was here to join in on the fun and we had a blast. The food was good, the music and dancers excellent and I toasted it all with a pint of Guinness. Yum. We took in three more pavilions before the night was over. I have never ventured out to Winterfest, it was all new to me. I, have apparently, been missing out. I need to get out of the house more

Busy and the Carpenter were here last weekend, well not quite the whole weekend, they arrived late on Thursday night and then had to head to the big city and their plane to Jamaica on Friday afternoon. Our visit was short but sweet. They are going to stop in again this weekend on their way back home again. I like that they take the time to stop in and spend the night with me when they are passing through. I have not had an email since they have been gone but I am hoping that they are having a very good time. I mean, its Jamaica Man!!

Monday night, T, the Banker and I made aprons for the No Cook Friday ladies to wear to a trivia night that we will be at in a couple of weeks. We will be very stylish!! Aprons for a no cook group seemed a little silly but appropriate at the same time. So what else is going on in my life, oh yes, Wednesday night is Book Club and for the second time since I joined I will not have actually read the book. Then on Thursday night the Banker and I are off the the movies, Friday night is a Bud, Spud and Steak night for the No Cook crowd and then after that we are off to the Hostess' house for her Reno Reveal party. Saturday night is Busy and the Carpenter then the week is done.

Tonight I am catching up on the laundry and making a tote bag for a friend. I have a puppet order to finish, (9 of the little critters), a pair of mitts to knit, a puppy puppet to complete and a quilt to work on. I knit a couple of baby hats while Best Friend and I were chatting the weekend away and got one of the mitts finished.  The second one will go faster because I have a idea of what I am making this time. These are not just plain old ordinary mitts.

These mitts are a challenge. The have a glove inside and the finger end of the mitt is open, with a little flap over the end so you can pull it down and expose the glove portion. I have no pattern so its been fun figuring out how to make them. A co-worker loves the original pair but they are too long for her little hands. She approached me and asked so now I am trying to recreate them only shorter. I like a challenge.

Next week I am off for four days, then back to work for Friday then off for the long weekend. I am only working Friday because we are short staffed and my vacation buddy wants to go away that weekend. I am just going to be at home so I told her to take the day and I would work it so she could be away. This leaves me one day of vacation to use up next month. Win win!!

I am hoping to get some projects finished and purge my closet while I am off. As usual I have a mile long to do list. Oh my. It is good to keep busy. So there you go, that is me updated. I need to go and work on something before I have to go to bed.

I will try to blog a little more often in the future. I may have only a handful of readers but I do this mostly because I really do like to write. It is good for me.


Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment