Tuesday 1 January 2013

Its a New Year!! Wow!!

2013, I cannot believe its 2013 already. Seems like just yesterday it was 2000. I really am starting to sound like an old fart. (Soon I will be yelling at kids to get off my lawn).  So before I take a complete slide into geezerdom I have to say I have high hopes for this year. 13 is my favourite number so I am thinking this is gonna be a good year. A new chapter, a blank page and full of endless possibilities.

I did not do much last night, watched the Hatfields and the McCoys on tv and nibbled appetizers, drank a little wine, stayed up til midnight. I let the New Year in the front door, shooed the old year out the back door and then I went to bed. I slept in this morning, got up and was just done breakfast when Teddy Bear phoned and twisted (teehee) my arm to go out for coffee. I laugh because all she had to say was coffee and I jumped on the chance. Coffeee/laundry ........ the choice was pretty easy I have to admit. I love days like this. I thought it would go one way and it took unexpected turns. Wonderful unexpected turns.

T-Bear and I coffeed for an hour or more, discussed all the things we want to do to get our houses in order this year, then we parted company. I headed home and dove head first into my to do list. Finally today I dealt with all the cat blankets and towels. I use these to cover the furniture so her Majesty can lounge without covering the actual furniture in a carpet of kitty fur. Sadly, I take them off, stuff them in a corner and put fresh on. Well I had to deal with them. Honestly I gathered up bales, yes, I tell you, BALES of cat hair. I rubbed, combed, vacuumed, picked and pulled until it was all gone. Then I washed them all, fresh and clean with a promise to myself to keep on top of them in future. This last year I have gotten so good at ignoring the day to day things that need to be done. Need to stop that.

I finally washed the ceiling fan in the kitchen, HAPPY DANCE OF JOY!! It no longer looks like its coated in ostrich feathers. Now I know I have to do the rest of them in the house. Believe me if a chunk lets loose on one of them, it would knock someone out. I will not go on and on about what I did but I got all but one thing done on my list. This makes me happy. I like to start the year out by at least keeping some of the promises I make to myself. Its to early to break the resolutions!!

Then I finished off my day with a lovely, lovely, lovely, roast beef supper with the Hostess. Gawd that woman can cook!! Even when stuff does not turn out as nicely as she would like them they are still delicious. Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, potatoes, turnip, peas, pickles, wine, brownies for dessert. Amaretto and coffee. Oiy. It was lovely. So much better than the scrambled eggs I thought I would have. All in all I had a great day, I got my list dealt with, and I got the bonus of  the extra two nice things today, coffee with T-Bear and supper with the Hostess. A lovely change to a day I thought I would be spending on my own. Love those friends of mine!!

One thing on my resolution list, (one of a zillion)  I want to get better at cooking. I have always wanted to learn to be a really good cook and I think this is the year I need to get on it. Every time I go to someone's place the food is so good, I resolve once again to practice and get better at this cooking malarkey. Thus far I have not put much effort into the actual practice. This year is the year. I do not know if this counts but I came home and threw together a pot of hamburger soup, now I have something to take to work for lunch this  week. Hardly gourmet but it will be yummy. It took less that 30 minutes. Need to work on that mind set that food prep takes forever and is lots of work.

So in 2013 I want to get healthier, become a better cook, get more organized at home, purge my house, stay on top of the house cleaning, give back more, be more grateful for all of the blessings I have, let my friends know how much I care about them and how grateful I am that I have them in my life. Live a life of gratitude, stop dwelling on the past and things I cannot change. Learn to spin wool once and for all. Work on my looms more and I have a few zillion other things that I am not gonna put on here for the world to see. So there it is, some but not all  of my high hopes for 2013.

Right now I need to go check my soup and get some knitting time in before I need to head for bed.

I hope each and everyone of you had a Happy New Year and that this year brings you all you need to be happy, healthy, wealthy and wise!!

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment