Tuesday 15 January 2013

Snowstorms and Soup

Finally finally finally I made a pot of chicken noodle soup tonight. I have only been planning to do this for a week now. Honestly, I amaze myself at how I can avoid doing some of the most simple things. It took me 12 minutes to throw all the ingredients into a pot and set it to cooking. I forgot the bay leaf, (I just thought of that now) but really how simple is that. Carrots, celery, onion, chicken, broth and noodles. Throw in some spices and let it cook. Hearty, yummy, and the perfect thing to eat on a snowy winter's night. It will be wonderful to have it to take to work tomorrow for lunch, once the flavours have melded and mingled and deepened and become richer. I need to adjust this thinking of mine that what really only takes a few minutes is a big deal. Work, overwhelming, too much, whatever it is I get stuck into my head. I need to focus on what the rewards are and how little time it really does take.

Panic and gratitude hit me this afternoon. Once again I am grateful for my DVR and that function where you set up the taping of a series. I totally forgot Downton Abbey on Sunday, and today when I remembered I promptly had a panic because I thought I would have missed it. Ha!Ha! I, thankfully, had set up a series recording and I will be able to see it. How I managed to forget that it was on I have no idea. I love that series.

Not much else happening here. I spend my days at work, wishing I could be home, full of plans to purge and clean and organize. It is a new year and I like many others am seized with the need to clean. Then I get home and all I want is to sit and knit or nap on the couch. What is up with this I have no idea but its annoying. I will however get started on the weekend. I want to move the living room area rug and that means moving furniture. Might as well do a good clean while things are moved about. I want to shift the loom to a new spot in the house as well. Its not where I want it to be but its a more sensible spot to have it. I will post pictures as  I work my way through it.

I also plan to start a quilt this weekend. I owe on to the Church at home and I should make another to donate to them again this year. Winter is most condusive to quilting and knitting. Warm and cozy things to combat the cold chilly winds of winter. I think I have found a couple of patterns that I want to try out. One for sure. I am on the fence about the other and may keep looking until I find that one that sings my name.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment