Saturday 12 January 2013

Saturday Stuff

Funny how a cup of tea and three coconut cookies (gluten free!!) can make you feel so much better when you are tired. I do love a cup of tea when I am feeling weary. This is a good kind of tired because after battling all afternoon long, Christmas it almost completely put away. I have one little tree to deal with and then the garland and a wreath on the front of the house has to come down and I am finished. Happy Drunken Monkey Dance of Joy.  All the pretty seasonal things are back in their place for one more year. Its a lot more fun to get out than it is to put away in my opinion. Its good to have it done and it was time for it to go. The house looks roomier. I was ready to do it this week but I had to wait until to day because of my stupid knee. Tomorrow I will finish it completely.

There you have it, that has been my Saturday so far, groceries and errands this morning. Snow shoveling and then Christmas clean up this afternoon. Now its supper time and I am done in. My knee has held up very well today, I have not had to take any pain killers but I am more than ready to rest it for the remainder of the day as I spend the evening knitting in front of the television. Speaking of knitting I am on scarf number 4 of the 27 I plan to knit this year. Happy with that, I am!!

Even though I feel revived a bit after my tea break, I still am trying to work up the energy to go peel some potatoes. I had breakfast this morning, then my tea and nothing else. I am starting to think I need to rustle up some supper. Have I mentioned I plan to work on my cooking skills this year?? Well I am but I am thinking maybe not today. Boiled potatoes and some leftovers will more than do for my supper.

So that is what I have been up to. Its been a good day. A friend dropped by this afternoon and I did a little favour for her. She brought me a book and I nearly peed my pants I was so happy.


Do my friends know the way to my heard to what?? A book about my all time favourite book and movie. It is a win, win, win all round.

Have I ever mentioned how blessed I am with really really really good friends who are so over the top good to me. I am over and over again, each and every day reminded of this fact. The watch over me, make sure I am ok, call to check in when I am not well and when I am. I am grateful for each and every one of them. They make my life so much richer.

Ok potatoes will not peel them selves, nor can I do it with the power of my mind. I have been trying so I think I may just have to get up and actually go into the kitchen and peel some myself. I wonder if I could talk the cat into trying it out?????????????????

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment