Sunday 12 October 2014

Thanksgiving Sunday

Who does not love a long weekend? An extra day of blissful freedom,  where you can putter and do and be as you please. Things did not work out this weekend so the family thing is not happening. Its ok. I am ok with staying home and fending for myself. Since I have managed to partake of turkey and all the fixin's twice this week, I have a lovely little pork roast roasting in the oven, veg and potatoes soon to get cooking and a nice piece of caramel pecan cheesecake for dessert. I am not being hard done by. I had invitations but I am fine this way. Not to mention that by staying home,  I can be in my comfy weekend clothes this way. I manage to look after my self, never fear, I take good care of me.

Its been a good weekend so far. I went for a few groceries yesterday morning, then came home, snarfed down breakfast and got working on this


Busy's sister has asked me to make a quilt for her daughter for Christmas. The favourite colour being pink, this is the result. I just need to add the black sashing to the edges and it will be ready to quilt. I love the way it looks. Pink and black are a dramatic colour combination. This pinterest pattern is a nice one. Its very easy to put together and give a lot of bang for the buck. I had the patches cut out and sewed the top in one sitting.

I have been sorting magazines, which I swear to God breed in the dark when I am not looking. I seem to have perpetual piles of them all over the house. I am sorting paper work AND magazines and trying to find the tops of the table in the dining room, the sewing room and part of the kitchen table. There is so much paper in this house. If I keep going at it I will conquer it in time. In between bouts of paper purging, I have done a spot of knitting


Not finished yet but its going to be a cozy for my hot water bottle if all goes well. Its being made from gifted yarn. I think I have mentioned before that I have tons of yarn in this house that has been given to me and I an determined to make use of it. I will post a finished picture. I have no pattern so I am making it up as I go along. And no I am not doing more crafts than purging......well yes I am but shut up!!

On my way to work the other day I found this little spot of colour in my garden and saw this little shot of pink. Its one determined little hollyhock bloom that is hanging  in in-spite of the frosts and cold and general death of all things green and colourful. GO little hollyhock, hang in there and have your moment to bloom!!!


She stands out like a little pink beacon of determination in a sea of dying green. I love it.

Laundry is chugging away. I have been working on moving the Pilot's wedding pictures from my phone to the computer. I am getting faster at all the clicking. Will this stop me from taking so many pictures? No. I will just be more prudent. I also ordered the first bundle of my vacation pictures in prep of the scrapbooking weekend.

So while  have not worked my self senseless this weekend, I am getting some things done. I am also relaxing and going some fun things too. I see a nap in my future on this day as well.

Mommybug brought me a coat last night. Its a lovely suede coat she found for $5.00 and she gave it to me. Do I not have the very best friends. It a nice jacket, just like new, I am rather excited about it.
I do have the most lovely, caring generous friends.

I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, however you choose to spend it.

Toodles Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment