Tuesday 21 October 2014

A Whole Lot of Shoulding Going on Around Here

Best Friend is coming for the weekend. I should be tidying the house, I should be doing dishes and vacuuming, I should be doing a whole lot of things, and I should not be time wasting on the computer. Guess what I am doing??? Yep, getting way too up close and personal with a certain canine. I just do not feel like doing all the things I should be.

One big plus is the spare room she uses is pristine. Well, not pristine, but the sheets are fresh, the room is tidy and ready for company. The rest of the house, not so much, but her room is ready. I will scrub down the upstairs bathroom tonight before I go to bed, that is a promise to myself. I am also bagging up the garbage, so its not been a total waste of time. This blog post is going to be just random things though. because I am in that sort of a mood.

I have found someone who can make use of my flannelette scraps. I need to go through my stash and make up a bag of the bits to give to this lady. She makes sanitary pads for third world girls so they can attend school on the days they have their period. She is getting a bag of material from me. I have had so many hands up and help outs through my life time that I can never pay back, I now look for ways I can pay it forward. I need to give back for all I have been given in my life, things like this make me happy. I can help. Its a win win, I have found a good use for my scraps and those scrap can benefit someone. I like it when it works like that. I could be sorting material right now and yet I am blogging. Some days you just have to goof off.

I also have to face a sad sad fact in my life, I think I have to replace my ratty old black sweater. I love this old sweater. Its totally out of shape, its snagged, pilled, worn through in places, holey and ready to be retired. Sigh. I wear it an awful lot, as I keep the heat in my house rather low and it keeps me snuggly warm. I need to make a replacement. Its like having to part with a beloved friend. But my oh my its time. I think this sweater is over 20 years old. Its done its job, its time to say goodbye. I will get myself so yarn and make a new one. I wonder if I should make another black one or should I have a blue one, maybe red?? I will have to give it some thought. I only wear it around the house so it could be a rainbow for that matter. We will see what I come up with.

Well I  really should go do something.  Maybe I will sort that box of material as its sitting not three feet away from me and then I could free up some storage space for some of that Christmas material I just bought. God forbid I should have a bit of space in my house. Or maybe I will type up the book club email. Tomato Tomahto.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment