Sunday 5 October 2014

Snap Happy Once Again

So I charged up the camera battery with the long lost charger and the camera is working a treat. I think I may have been putting the battery in backwards before but WHATEVER, the camera turns on and works!! Little drunken monkey dance of joy done and then I downloaded the pictures on my camera to the computer. Complete joy for me, I can tell you. Now I can focus on getting the pictures sorted from the Maritime trip and get them printed off in anticipation of my scrap-booking weekend in November.

I am getting near the end of the incredible picture recovery. What a lot of work but the silver lining is I have a better system now. Things are sorted and being saved properly. I will stay on top of this from now on and hopefully never get myself into this mess again . My pictures are important to me and I hate the fact that I have lost some. Ah well live and learn the hard lessons.

The red cliffs and grey ocean of PEI


I can add pictures to my blog once again. Its all good.

Today is Sunday. I have a pot of beef stew simmering on the stove. I finally actually cooked something. I have been craving a beef stew for sometime. My Mama made the best. I found this recipe on the internet and am hoping it will turn out tasty. It smells yummy. I have been in such a slump lately, in my mind I want to do so much and in reality I do so little. Today, actually making a simple stew was a big step foreward, a step into getting me back into the land of the living, and doing.

Yesterday I did the usual Saturday stuff but I did more and walked further than I have been, My legs are much improved. I think now I need to get back to the walking track and build up some stamina. Been a bit of a lump since coming back from Ireland and its time to do something about it. Magnesium is my new wonder drug!!

Fall has taken a good hold on the world outside. The trees are nearly completely stripped of their leaves. The air is cold and damp and the world is getting grayer. Gone is that warm lovely light from the beginning of fall, winter is nipping at its heels. So I am inside and I am making stew and about to start an new quilt.

Not much else going on today or in my life. Its calm, normal and everyday. I am busy thinking of Busy's mom who is sick in hospital at the moment. Sending prayers her way that she gets better soon.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment