Monday 13 October 2014

Thankful for So Many Things

A person really does not need a special day to be thankful for all the wonderful things in their lives. We should be conscience of it each and every day. I try to be. It is nice to have a reminder once in a while that we should be thankful,

While I may moan and groan and carry on sometimes, I am very aware of how blessed I am. I am blessed with good friends, a good life and well too many things to list here. This weekend is a prime example of the blessing in my life. I have the No Cook Friday Group, whose company. laughter and support mean the world to me. They always start me out for the weekend on a good note. I spent Saturday working on a quilt top for someone else. This makes me feel good because it means I can help someone else.Helping out boosts how you feel about yourself.  Mommybug brought me a coat she found for me and its lovely. It tickles me that she thought of me. The coat is like new!! I had breakfast out with Teddy Bear this morning. When I came home after breakfast I found  the garden fairies had came back. They raked, mowed and tidied my yard for me. I appreciate that more than those three young girls and their Mama can ever know!!  Its just been a really good weekend. Blessings all round.

I got through 75% of my to do list this weekend, Some weekends I don't even hit the 50% mark on that list. Oh yes,  I finished my hot water bottle cozy. I had no pattern for this so I winged it and while I would make changes to another one but I am pleased with the results.


Made with yarn that was given to me it cost me nothing but a little bit of time. Now if I need to use the hot water bottle there will be no more wrapping it in a towel and then having the towel slip off, leaving that icky hot rubber stuck on you. BLECK!! Rubber may make some people happy but I don't like it!! 

I did not make it to the fabric store to get the last of the quilt supplies I need but I can do that sometime this week. I finished sorting, deleting and fussing with the pictures on my computer. Tomorrow I will pick up the first of the reprints that  I will be scrapbooking for my Maritime trip. I am making headway on the magazine,/paper purge that I started this weekend. I have a pile of magazines to donate, a pile to take to the office and some have hit the recycle bin. You can see the top of the dining table now and same goes for the kitchen table. Laundry is done, which is what was all over the kitchen table. I have a bag of clothes to donate and the dishes are done. Naps have been had and television has been watched.  I still have to make a pot of soup before the day is done but I will get at that later.

I am going to endeavor to cut down on my eating at the cafeteria at work. Time to stop talking about it and actually do it. Its crap food that is not at all good for you. Fats, fillers, processed, deep fried etc. Its a lazy habit to be eating there, time to stop it and make my self a decent lunch each day. I also need to stop picking up breakfast,. It getting out of control and I have to stop it. Financially and health wise its not a good plan. Maybe I'll make a pot of porridge along with that soup tonight.

I am so glad I got some jobs done this weekend, Its nice to see things improving around here. I have lots more to do but for now I am happy with what has taken place. 

Happy Thanksgiving

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment