Sunday 19 October 2014

Dipping into the Craft Sale Circuit Again

The Banker, KitKat and I went to THE BIG ONE, today. Its a local craft sale that happens every fall and displays lots of lovely things made by local crafters. I managed to walk around without falling on my face which I was very grateful for. Thankfully they have chairs here and there that one can rest ones sore legs and knees. I picked up an application for a table for next year. I think the puppets and I will make another run at this craft sale thing. I was up most of last night thinking and rethinking the whole deal and I decided what the heck. I did well the one year I did do it and I know better what to make and how many this time.I have all this nice stuff to set up a booth with so I might as well make use of it. I think I will get my application in asap and give it a go for another year.

This is a picture from my first year doing the craft sale

We had a lovely time. We wandered about, bought a few things. I got something to give to the Teacher for Christmas (but I will need to add something to it), I got a stocking stuffer for the Tater Tot and I bought a fall door decoration for me. I SAW tons of things I would have loved to have, and tons of things I could make myself but I was happy with my purchases. KitKat stocked up on homemade soap and the Banker bought herself a really cool bracelet. I always come home from a craft sale full of inspiration and gung ho to get crafting!!

We left the sale and had lunch at the Banker's house, scarfing down leftovers from her family scrapbooking day on Saturday. Instead of heading home as we should have, we drank coffee and chatted until it was almost 6 o'clock. We decided that if we had any hope of doing anything today, we had better each had best scatter. The Banker needed to get up to her Sweet Baboo's place as they had a supper date. KitKat wanted to clean her house and I was noncommittal as to what I was going to be doing. I have many many things I could be doing but what I actually start doing is something else

So I am home, with no ambition to do much of anything. I need to make a pot of soup for next weeks lunch before the day is over. I have the quilt I was sewing last week ready to get started on the actual quilting. The backing is all washed and sewn up, ready to go. I would imagine that I will get that started tonight at some point. I don't have to make supper as we nibbled all afternoon. I really want to just have a nice little nap on the couch. I slept like crap last night. Too busy setting up the craft sale table next year. Between my overactive imagination and Mother Nature chucking hot flashes at me every hour on the hour, I got no sleep for any decent length of time. More like a series of cat naps. BLAH!!!!

Back to work tomorrow, crappity crap crap. I want to stay home and make stuff. I want to quilt and paint and create. Aw well some day. Right now I need to go get a pot of soup simmering.......... maybe just a little nap first.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment