Saturday 18 October 2014

Love a Good Garage Sale Bargain

So I was puttering around my house the other night, minding my business and not doing much of anything when Princess Diva called me. All I heard was "you have to get over here, lots of stuff, dirt cheap". Well somebody knows the way to my heart!! I booted it out the door and head out to where she was.

Apparently Princess Diva's sister is partners in a new business where if you are moving, they will pack up your stuff and organize a garage sale for what you don't want. This business gets them in on the ground floor of the good stuff. Princess Divas thought of me when she saw the material, stuffing and quilting magazines.

This is my haul:

This PILE of material, mostly Christmasy but some plain, and that entire rubbermaid container of seam binding and rickrack. The container came with the purchase and looks like new, most of the binding is still in the wrapper.


This entire bolt of polished cotton or some sort of light weight linen. Its good quality material and I see lots of future projects with it.


Three bags of stuffing (perfect for Puppets) two pillow forms and a crib sized quilt batt.


Ten like new quilt magazines, a pattern book for knitted children's sweaters, a punch bowl ladle ( I have lost mine and yes I do use the punch bowl, I loaned it out just this week in fact) a vintage picture frame, 6 balls of crochet cotton, 2 egg cups and some vintage baby cards. All this loot for $25.00. I am a happy happy bunny!! There was lots more there but I restrained myself. Oh id I had my cabin at the lake I would have snapped up a couple of lamps, some chairs and some cool melamine dishes. I would have taken the dishes regardless but someone got them before me. Pretty bright orange things they were.

Today I started to move the garden ornaments into the shed, for the first time in two years. I really have hope for myself, after yapping about doing it for so long I have finally got at it. I also managed to take two bags of knitted/crocheted squares to the local craft store. They take the squares, sew them together and donated them to a project called Blankets for Canada. I love this. I can use up my left over yarn and it goes to a really good cause. I have had these bags hanging around for a long time and finally they got donated. I also took a bag of clothes to the  donation bins. I have two new purge boxes in my kitchen to start to fill for donation to a charity shop. I need to keep working on the clear out. I have so much stuff in this house, some of it can go.

The rest of today will be laundry. I have quilt material to wash not to mention tea towels, cleaning rags, bath and hand towels that need to be done. I have a tea cozy to finish knitting and some Christmas projects to start on. I have three donation quilts to get working on. one other quilt ready to go into the quilting frames.  I want to make a fall table runner for myself and a couple more to make as Christmas gifts. Lots of fun things to do.

Tomorrow, The Banker, KitKat and I are going to the big local Craft sale. I am going to give it some serious thought if I will book a table for next years sale for the puppets. I have tonight to think about it. They book most of next years tables at the current sale. Busy has offered to help me and so has the Banker. Its not something you can really do on your own. I will give it some thought. The Banker and I did it one year and while it did not go so well for her, I did very well. Those little puppets of mine are a good seller. Lots of work but good little earners


"We aim to please Mama!"

Mostly I just hope I can walk around at the sale. I thought the magnesium was helping with the pain in my legs and it is but I am just so crippled up these days. I do not like this. I like to be able to get around and its really not at all easy to do lately. I don't know if its the weather, my arthritis or the fact that I am so out of shape. More than likely its a combo of it all added to it far to much of me to haul about. Wish me luck tomorrow, the Big Craft sale covers a lot of ground. I would hate to become a speed bump in the middle of the hall way.

Well I need to change out the laundry and get finishing that tea cozy so I can start something else. Hope you are having a good weekend!!

Toodles,
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment