Sunday 27 July 2014

Sunday, Sunday so Good to Me

Lovely, Lovely, lazy Sunday morning. Bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns and then coffee on the veranda. Just enough breeze to keep the skeeters away. Heaven!! Sundays should be like 72 hours long :-) I could sit of the veranda all day, with my book and either coffee or a cool drink and be perfectly content!! However, I wanted to get some thing done today. The trip to the mall has been postponed until some evening next week. For today, I will putter, go check KitKat's cats, and quilt.

Some things have been accomplished besides quilting, laundry is sorted and started. The rain barrel and the barbecue have found comfy new homes on the patio. A chair and table will join them eventually and maybe a plant pot or two. for now they rule the roost. I was going to tile a tv table to use out here but I have changed my mind. It won't work. Maybe I can make something!! or maybe I can find what I want at a yard sale to fix up.


The pinterest mushrooms are outside finally but this is not where they will stay. I am thinking I may put them under the down spout, by the rain barrel. they will be protected there. For now however they are off the kitchen table and actually outside.


Its kind of hard to see them and I don't like them sitting here. They look lost and out of place. But they are finally outside!! I have a very small yard and I have not got a lot of choice as to where they go. I may move them to the front yard. I have an idea where they might look ok there. We will play move the mushrooms another time.

Since the Banker so kindly and wonderfully removed the weeds from this little space between my fence and my house, I got the plastic out and laid it down. I am going to gravel this little section. Its not wide enough to get the lawn mower in there and it is my only path to uncover the air conditioner.


Now I need to get a few pails of gravel and cover up the plastic. The plastic is my effort to keep the weeds from growing as rapidly as they like to do.

The fence needs replacing, the rail as the left of the picture needs replacing, or bracing as it has a wicked wobble to it. So many things I want to do, so little money and energy!!

I am off to quilt!!

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment