Sunday 13 July 2014

Making Mushrooms' Pinterest Style

SO I finally got around to taking some pictures of the stuff I mentioned that I found yesterday, My great grand finds whilst I was out and about with KitKat. My favourite find of the day was this little cutie:


$5.00 investment. It was super dirty but a little oil soap and now it looks a treat. I am not even tempted to paint it. I love the patina of the wood,  I am thinking its a plant/ash tray stand.Its not very big and I am so tickled with it. I am going to try it at the top of the stairs, where the stairs turn to get to the bedrooms. I will put some do-dads on it and we will see if it fits, If not I will find another home for it. Somewhere in this little stuffed house there is a perfect spot for it. I know there is!!!


I got this little baby for $2.00. I think its a sewing or work basket of some sort. It has a silky lining and the lady that sold it to me told me it belonged to her Mom so I am thinking its old. I loved baskets and this one will be perfect for something or other, I am sure of it. Not sure just what yet but I will find a use for it.

The other stuff I bought was the makings for some mushrooms. Pinterest mushrooms that is. I saw these and I just thought they were fun, cheap and easy to make. I could not wait to get some for my yard.


An old vase, a bowl and some silicone and you have mushrooms for the garden. I spent less than $5.00 on these three. I am going to put them outside once they are dry and firmly glued and see how long they last. Vases are a dime a dozen at any second hand shop and bowls are about the same. This way I have no sentimental attachment to anything, so if they break I will not mourn the loss. Not everyone's style to be sure but they make me smile.


Now I just have to find the best place to put my newest additions to the garden. I am slowly and steadily getting the garden to look how I want it to. Can't wait to paint the bench and make the patio pad.

I started to quilt on my scrap quilt today. Its something I really enjoy doing and its a great way to spend time on a Sunday afternoon. This is the quilt that is for me so that makes it fun. Its not this size any more, its queen sized and ready to be completed.


I am just quilting it from corner to corner on each square which means there is no need to mark quilting lines on it. Its plain, simple and ever so easy to do. This is also one of my favourite looks on a quilt.

Well I should maybe go swap out the laundry. Today I have managed to do a tenderloin in the crock pot, I finally poured the rhubarb tea on the ant hills, so fingers crossed it works. I did the dishes, made the mushrooms and started the quilt. A bit more than yesterday, maybe not as much fun but at least there is progress. My knees and legs are really giving me trouble these days. Its so annoying. I hate to not be able to move like I want to. I am not happy about it. I would love to be able to walk around, bend, kneel and just generally move with even just a little bit of ease but that is not happening lately. Sigh

My laundry and my quilt are calling me and I don't want this to turn into an oh poor me post so have a lovely week!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment