Saturday 2 August 2014

Crossing Things Off the List

At long long last I have managed to acquire camera battery charger that actually charges the battery. I purchased the last one from a big box electronics store who assured me it would work. It didn't so I took it back to day and while I held the charger, the clerk turned the camera over in his hand and declared the charger to be fine but my battery to be faulty. Incredible powers of ex-ray vision methinks. He would have been more than happy to sell me a battery but they had none in stock. My camera, the charger and I left.

I then took myself to a local camera shop where the nicest young man, checked my battery (it is fine) looked over the charger and thought it should work, could not say why it did not, only offered the opinion that it was rather simplistic.  He was not sure what the reason it did not charge could be, but did not want to really say one way or the other. I asked if he had a charger that he thought was better quality. Yes he did, but if I wanted to buy it he would like to check it out with my battery first before any money changed hands and before I left the store. He checked, it worked, I paid, and left with a working charger. No mental telepathy or ex-ray vision involved in the entire transaction. I will return the first "perfectly fine" charger to the big box store, tomorrow, when I am more in the mood to be calm and reasonable about it. Tick camera charger off the list.

I then, went to the cell phone place and had the nice young lady there fix it so I can now actually access the voice mail on my phone. All the complaining I do, daily, about people who have voice mail and never listen to their messages, I felt a proper hypocrite not being able to access my own. Now I can. Tick that off the list.

The rest of my day has been laundry, washing floors, doing dishes, hemming my new pants and making lists. I have been quilting too. I have a hard time staying on task when there is a quilt within my reach. I have also been charging batteries. The weed whacker, the camera, the cell phone, the kindle. Not a very taxing chore but one that needs doing now and then. I topped off the evening by burning a pot of potatoes. I put them on to boil, left them to quilt for only a moment and did not think of them again until my nose smelled burnt offerings. Oh my, they were new potatoes too. I can salvage most of them but the kitchen needs a good airing.

I bought myself a lugg bag today. The one with the fun name of Cablecar.  I wanted one before I went to Ireland but it did not work out. Its the right size, big but not so much so. You can wear it across your body which leaves your hands free for touching and fondling all manner of things. There is a nice little mesh pocket inside where you can keep an eye on your important stuff without going through that heart stopping moment where you cannot see what you need and have to dump the entire contents of the purse out. I even got a black one. The last black one they had. I wanted either black or red but would have made do with what they had. They did have a nice yellow one that I could have made do,  but I am very happy to have the black. You have room for all the necessary bits and bobs, with room to add other items as need be. Not to mention that it should stand up to wear and tear.

Tomorrow I have some yard work to do. lawn to mow, mushrooms to move, car to clean. I hope its not too hot.

Toodles.
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment