Saturday 12 July 2014

Saturday Stuff

Today did not go as I had planned but not in a bad way. Today turned out to be one of those days that I am off spending time with my friends, doing fun stuff and generally running amok while the house/yard work languishes. I LOVE IT!! Oh but first things first, I just this day threw out my birthday flowers, that pretty little bouquet lasted from June 19th to July 12th before it actually looked like it was done!! I am impressed!! Mommybug picked a good one!!

Anyway, last night at supper KitKat and I decided we needed to check out the monthly flea market this morning. She arrived here at 10:00 am and off we went. I was up at 8:00 am but all I managed was to go get coffee and a breakfast biscuit before she got here. We flea marketed, we garage saled, second hand store shopped , we went for lunch, we took the Banker some tea and a cookie, we had a great day. Poor Banker had to work 4 hours today, so we thought she would need a treat. Some retired people have it so hard. We visited with her for a while, then headed back to mine. KitKat graciously took some of the donation boxes that have been sitting in my kitchen for WEEKS!! up to a charity shop in her area of town. This has inspired me to think about loading up the remaining boxes into my car to go to another charity shop and then maybe I will be able to have my kitchen back again. Whoot, whoot!!

I napped, made a run to the store for bread, came home and Teddy Bear had called to see if I wanted to get some supper with her. Off I went again. After supper we popped over to her house so I could meet the newest grandchild, a lovely little girl. I got some serious baby snuggles in before I headed home again to try and get some laundry done in time for bed. I have no choice, I stripped the bed this morning when I got up.

I love days like this. I love spending time with my friends, I love hunting up some bargains and I love getting some things done. I got the folding table out of the car at long last, some donation stuff is gone, the sheets are chugging away in the washer. KitKat took some of my left over flowers and I am happy happy happy about all of that. That folding table has been in my car for far too long. I am astoundingly good at dodging little jobs, things that would take only minutes to do but I can avoid them like a champ!! I have even started to move the dead electronics off the back step to the back yard dumpster area for easy loading once I get a dump run organized.

I will share pictures of what I bought today at the flea market and the second hand store but it will not be until tomorrow. I have to go change the laundry and then head upstairs to make the bed!!

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment