Saturday 26 July 2014

Best Laid Plans Go South in the Best of Ways

Ok Saturday has arrived, time for errands, time for chores, time to pitter patter, etc, etc. And I did. I got up, hit the Home Depot for a few bits and bobs, more spray paint, two small cement pads to put under the bench in the back yard, and some plant food. The I was off to Future Shop were I stood around and looked completely clueless until someone took pity on me and sold me this


I caved in an bought another camera charger. I should find the original one any minute now. The Pilot's wedding is just around the corner and I need to take pictures, man. My head would blow off if I couldn't. So I admitted defeat and bought a new one. The battery is charging even as we speak. Two jobs were scratced off my list. 

Next stope was something I have been intending to do for months, literally MONTHS!!  Since there was snow and ice on the ground, no less, because I remember using slippery sidewalks as an excuse to leave things as they were. I TOOK THE DONATION BOXES TO THE CHARITY SHOP!! Happy drunken monkey dance of joy!! My kitchen no longer looks like this:


(Actually two weeks ago it looked worse because KitKat took two boxes and a big garbage bag to another charity shop for me. ) To looking like this:


Although you cannot see it, there are actual dust outlines from where the boxes sat. I ASTOUND myself at my ability to ignore something for an incredible amount of time. All that is left is a scrap of paper which has since been removed.  I am so happy they are gone. My kitchen looks huge!! I am going to give the floor a good wash and bask in this newly found space. The newel post is earmarked for an little Pinterest project!! (one of these days) and shall remain where it is until I get at it.

So by the time I got these dropped off it was time for breakfast. I hit the local Timmies, got my breakfast biscuit and came home to enjoy. I had every intention of finishing breakfast, going to the mall for some stuff and then coming home to work in the yard. Well............that was when the surprise fun stuff happened.

I chatted on facebook with a friend in Ontario whilst eating my biscuit and drinking my coffee. We said goodbye and I had just talked myself out of enduring the mall, at noon,  on a Saturday. Instead, I chucked a load of laundry into the machine and was planning where to start in the yard when the phone rang. Well, some friends, that I have not seen in ages, were passing through town. they are on vacation and asked, did I want to go for lunch. Hells yeah!! So off I went to catch up with them. I was so pleased that they called. It was really lovely to see them.Years ago they adopted Best Friend's first born. An extra bonus once Best Friend found her boy again was that both her family and I found new friends in these wonderful people.

Lunching and chatting took a nice chunk of the day, in the very best of ways, as we had lots to chat about. THEN I got home and another friend called to ask if I could give him some help with his resume. I was free so he came over. We have not talked in some time, so we yakked it up for a goodly amount of the day. He left and I had to pop out and go feed KitKat's kitty cats while she is off on her Father/Daughter fun weekend. I managed to indulge my need to love up on a cat with all three of her's. I miss giving ear skritches and chin rubs and belly rubs and getting rewarded with rumbly purrs for your efforts. She has three cats and as she is away, they are anyone's for some attention.

By the time this mutual admiration society called it quits it was supper time. I am now blogging and then am going to quilt for the rest of the evening. Yard work is slated for tomorrow. Along with laundry and some cooking as well. That is unless I get a better offer!!

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment