Sunday 25 August 2013

So Instead of Packing I Did This.....

Teddy Bear is working on redecorating her house, the No Cook group did her kitchen a while ago. Now, while, her daughter and grandsons have gone on holiday, she wanted to get her bedroom done. I had promised her that I would help with the flooring so on Saturday I headed over to lend a hand. Then I went back today to help finish.

She had the first coat of paint on the place so I helped slap on the second coat. It a lovely pale lavender colour or Lilac or whatever you want to call it but its pale, pretty and perfect with her new bedding. She has a lovely embroidery piece that was in her Mom's stuff that started it all. Its lavender, lilac and green. The green matches the chair in her room so off she went.

She pulled out the old  carpet and scraped off the backing that had been glued to the hardwood. Instead of refinishing the hardwood, she, well we, laid hardwood looking vinyl planks. A jig saw, a rubber hammer and off we went.

Once again, my magic photo skillz come into play but this will give you an idea. This is the before and after shot of the floor. Look at all that glue on the hardwood. Its a sin and a shame but that was the fashion 40 year ago. Cover that wood with carpet!!!

The new floor is  very pretty and I think we did a super job for two women who where learning a new skill. I have laid vinyl flooring before but not this kind. Mine glued together, this clicks together.

This is where we had to stop last night because she gave the hardware man the wrong room distentions and we ran out of flooring. We had to wait for today so she could get more. Another bonus, she has a box full she can return.

We even managed the closet. We learned lessons on cutting around things and maybe its not a perfect job but it looks fantastic to us. I came home wishing my bedroom floor was done.

That is the piece of needle work that inspired the room. (What HGTV would call the jumping off point.)The walls are not the colour they appear in the picture, I could not get them to show properly but trust me they are lovely.

So pretty and I am so happy I could help her with it. Its nice to be able to give back my good friends, after all they are so good to me. Can't wait until its all back in place, pictures up, furniture in place. It will be grand!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment