Saturday 3 August 2013

Saturday Stuff

I really do like a day when you have some sort of plans and then things pop up and your plans change but its all lovely and fun. All I planned to do today was go to the hardware store and get a little plastic bin to wet down my wall paper. I had one for years and just when I thought I was going to use it, I snapped the end off if it. They get brittle with age apparently. Then I was going to maybe wallpaper the one wall in the bedroom. Maybe, I was going to see how the day went.

I got up late, which was a treat. I usually am up and at it on Saturdays. The combination of cool breezes and gentle sunshine, quiet summer noises was like a siren song and I succumbed to it, hence the lazy start to the day. Just the most perfect way to start the day. Finally I got up, made breakfast, fed the cat, rubbed her tummy and then started to tidy the kitchen. Kit Kat called and arranged to bring over some bags of landscape bark for me, She did not need it anymore and I did. Once she got here, we quickly decided that she would come with me to the hardware store (I was just as quickly talking myself out of going until Sunday and we all know how that usually turns out) and then we would grab a coffee. Perfect plan.

A quick trip to the store, a coffee and I was headed back home, grabbing some lunch on the way. Just got in the door and the Hostess called. She needed someone to help and inspire her to pack. Off I trotted to her place.  I do not think I did much to help but we did get the packing started. All of her lovely crystal is snugly tucked into boxes and ready to go. Tea and tarts later, I was headed home again and she was in the mood to keep packing.

I came home and decided to so something for the bedroom makeover. I grabbed the spray paint and gave the grate to the register in my bedroom a face lift. It was chippy and cream coloured, I gave it a shot of black spray paint to clean it up. It is currently drying on the kitchen table


Sadly my spray paint either ran out or the nozzle clogged before I covered all the nooks and crannys but it 99 % covered. In spite of my poor paint job it does look better than it did when it looked like this:



 You can see it in it filthy glory at the top corner of the picture. Someone  painted it  to match the trim in the bedroom but I think the black will be better. I am hoping I can get the spray paint to work again, just long, enough to get it completely covered but if not I will just get another spray paint at some time in the future and finish the job.

That much work done I had to have a nap on the couch. No wall papering but I did get to spend some time with good friend which is never a bad thing. I think I will spend the evening doing some mending I have plied up. Little jobs for some friends. Tomorrow is time enough to wall paper. I have two more days off before its time to head back to work. Right now I need to go tidy up from supper then I am going to start the mending.

Kit Kat loaned me some DVDs today so I may take them upstairs and watch a DVD in bed tonight. Oh it has been a good day!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment