Monday 5 August 2013

At Last There is Wallpaper

In hindsight this pattern may not have bee the best choice for a house with walls as crooked as mine are but it was the best choice to go with the style of the house. At long last I finally got at the wall paper and managed to get the one wall done today. I am so happy. Its that paintable wall paper so right now it does not look like much but it makes such a big difference in the room. I attempted to take a picture so you could see:
It does not look like much, you can sort of see the pattern. You may be able to see it better if you click on the picture but trust me its nice. I will do the other end of the room another time. I think the painting and further wall papering will have to be done two walls at a time.

Teddy Bear got me moving this morning. I was laying in bed, reading, and thinking I should get up when the phone rang. Teddy Bear was willing to come and clean out some eaves for me.  I was out of bed like a shot. I cannot do it, (too big a chicken) I cannot go up high enough on the ladder. Since there was a small forest of trees taking root I was thrilled to have her take on the task. I don't have enough ladder to do the sides of the house  but we got the trees dealt with, so important to not leave them to continue to grow. They can pull the eaves off the house. To celebrate a job well done we went for coffee.

Once I got home again, I tackled the wall paper. It was on my to do list this weekend and I love to cross things off the list. Its not the worst job in the world and to be honest I like to wall paper. I am not great at it but I like to do it. I was about to hang  the last row when Kit Kat called in and dropped of enough fresh picked saskatoon berries for a couple of pies. YUMMY YUM YUM, I have not had fresh saskatoons for a long long time and I love them. Kit Kat and I have a barter going. She picked me berries, gave me wood chips for the yard and I am going to make her a quilted hanging to cover a small book case she has in her bedroom. Good deal I think. Even better deal was that she brought coffee with her. A good excuse to abandon the project and have a break and a chat, not that I needed much of a one.

I did go and do the last piece once she headed off. I can cross it off my list. Next weekend there may be painting happening!!

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment