Sunday 11 August 2013

Antiquing on the Weekend

I totally ignored the falling down wall paper in the bedroom and did some shopping this weekend. Saturday was practical stuff. Things for the trip, (I think 3600 pictures will just about cover the vacation memory card requirements) groceries plus ordinary odds and ends. I got some shoes for work and I still need to get running shoes for walking  but by the end of the shopping marathon I was pooped and I will have to get them another day. Hopefully tomorrow. I did treat myself to some cheetah print sneaks as a reward for going to the dreaded Mall on a Saturday afternoon. I cannot tell you all the things I would rather do than do that but I did it and I got these as a lollipop:

Nothing like a little animal print to perk a girl up. These are fun shoes, I need some serious running shoes for walking.

So I have most of what I need for the trip, I need to give the packing a dry run and weigh the suitcase but other than that I think I am good to go. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Last night was bitter sweet.  It was drinks and snacks  with Teddy Bear, Hummingbird, the Hostess, her Lovely Man and me in the infamous garage. G & T's in the big chairs and fond fairwells as the Hostess heads off to her brand new wonderful life. It still has not sunk in that she is not there, with tea or gin whichever is needed. Ready for a chat. She is pursuing her new life and her dreams and that is what we all should do. All the best to her!!

Today, it was off and out with The Banker and KitKat. We went in search of a Flea Market which apparently no longer happens but we found one of those "antique" places where everything is piled outside in the elements and they want an arm and a leg for a piece of crap. That did not stop us from hunting and boy did we had fun hunting about. Did I come back  empty handed, hells no..........I found this lovely old gentleman.

He is probably 2 feet tall and made of plaster, sported one of the few reasonable prices, of course he had to come home with me. He badly needed a bit of a bath but I love him. He is supposed to be a piggy bank. Not a dime in his tummy but he makes a lovely addition to my Santa collection. This is my idea of Santa, the 1950's face, right Jolly old elf, he is.

We lunched at a cute little cafe that had a floor made of pennies. Yep pennies, the actual coins. It was fabulous. I cannot imagine how much work that was but it looked incredible.  I really should mention the good food and the really good coffee. We munched, then toodled off to two other small towns, with antique stores, bridges to cross, tea rooms to visit and then we ended up back home at a fancy new coffee shop before we parted ways. I only bought, Santa, an egg cup, a swan salt cellar and an old grate to tuck into the flower bed out front. No picture of the grate, as it is too dark and I am not going outside again. Its nearly bed time people. As always we had a completely fun day. Not one of us remembered a camera and we complained about it mightily. The light was perfect and every field, barn and puffy cloud was so vibrant, they cried to be immortalized by the click of a camera. Aw well, next time.

Tonight was the movies with E and now I am home. Happy, tired and not nearly ready to go back to work tomorrow. I still have some weekending stuff to do but I have run out of weekend. Crappity!!! I am going to say good bye before I start to have a little whine and a moan about work.


Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment