Saturday 24 August 2013

Saturday Stuff

Just sitting here, blogging away, sipping on my Tim's coffee and waiting for the cleaning bug to take a chomp out of my butt and send me into the kitchen to start getting my house in order. I do not want to go away and leave a messy house. Not to mention I promised Teddy Bear that I would come over and help her with her bedroom. I like to paint and I want to help her lay the floor. Its new stuff and I am thinking I may like it for my bedroom. So before I get all involved in playing in another house I need to spend some time with my own. I have hardly been home at all this week. Oh dear I digress, I am having coffee, yes that is where I was.

I phoned Amazon again this morning to see why my promised Kindle has not shown up. Well there is a good reason, the nice young man I spoke to, who promised to fix my problem, did not place the order for the replacement. So I have let a week go by, waiting for something to arrive that was never ordered. I really wonder why the universe think I should not have a Kindle. This morning's call, the third one about this situation has yielded me an actual order number and a delivery date. This is some improvement. I have been told it should be here on the 29th. I am holding my breath.........not. I am getting sick of telling my story to now 6 different people at the Amazon help desk.

Kindle problems aside, I am in the home stretch of pre-vacation prep. Doctor's appointment over and done with, and everything is good. We are moving in the right direction with everything but the weight. Sigh......... the weight, its my constant companion. No matter what I seem to do, it lingers and clings and refuses to budge. Oiy!! But on to better news, its nice to know that two sentences can change your whole attitude and thought process. "Oh one of your lymph nodes is enlarged, we need to watch that" has turned into "its going down, I am not worried about it". I have happily gone from total panic to rubber doll relaxed in a heart beat. "Lump" is never something you want to hear your doctor say. Happy Happy Happy that all is well and I can go back to panicking about the flight and not my neck. Having a swift and vivid imagination is not always a blessing.

Today I need to get started at putting the house to rights, starting to organize to pack and then heading over to Teddy Bear's to help out. Maybe I will even do a load or two of laundry. I think my coffee is kicking in so I best make the most of it while the mood lasts.

Later,

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment