Sunday 14 July 2013

Weekend Blogger

No matter how much I intend to I don't seem to blog much during the week. Weekends seem to afford the time and the inclination to slap together a blog post or two. When I started this blog I intended to write each day. With photos and witty commentary, I was going to be brilliant. No happening so I am not going to put pressure on myself to go it more frequently, I have decided that when I feel the need to write I will, if not I will not force it or feel guilty about not blogging more often. There may be pictures there may not be.

So that bit of drivel out of the way, on we get. My weekend started out very nicely. On Friday Mommybug came to town and she took me out for a belated birthday lunch. J joined us and we had a lovely time. Mommybug looks lovely, all healthy and expectant. I am so happy for them that things are going really well this time. Fingers and toes crossed that things carry on this way and the latest addition of  the bug family arrives safe, sound and healthy. It was hard to go back to work after such a lovely break, I could have happily spent the rest of the day shopping and goofing off but I was a good girl, I went back to work.

Friday night was spend with the No Cook Friday group as always, with all the attendant giggles and silliness. We do have a good time. Saturday found me doing the normal things, groceries, cleaning, vacuuming, dishes, and then I tidied up my knitting basket. It had become a horrible tangled mess. Oh yes and I made a fresh go of laundry soap.



 I had hoped to to finish the project in the upstairs bathroom but it was far too hot to be up there. So I fiddled away the afternoon, unknotting yarn and watching tv. In the evening I went to see The Lone Ranger with the Banker, her Sweet Baboo and Kit Kat. It was hysterical. So funny, Johnny Depp was excellent as Tonto.

Today after weeks of silence, Sir Barksalot was up and at it at 8:00 am. I think the battery must be dead in his bark collar. Sigh, all good things come to an end. So much for a lovely sleep-in this morning in the cool breeze. I read for a bit, tried to get back to sleep but eventually I gave up and got up. Thankfully the upstairs had cooled down over night so I did some work in the bathroom. I chucked the laundry down the stairs as I do every Sunday ( remember what I said about witty commentary) and then scrubbed said stairs as I made my way down them. They badly needed a wash. Do I have you riveted to your seat with the non stop action in this house.

So far I have managed breakfast and now I am blogging. I have some sewing to do for J today, I will do laundry and while I had thought of going to Walmart, I can tell already that is not going to happen. I love to laze about on Sundays and I can always go to Walmart tomorrow after work. I have cat food and litter to last that long. I tend to be like a lazy cat on Sundays, I do not wish to venture far afield.

So there you have it, all the normal things have been going on, I am looking foreward to a lazy quiet day. All is normal here at the homestead. I hope your day is going equally as well.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment