Saturday 20 July 2013

Sweating Like a Rented Mule

Sounds impressive doesn't it?? To be honest given my family genetics.... prone to sweating at the drop of a hat (thanks Dad), the fact that I am menopausal, overweight, and have some medical issues, blinking can pretty much cause me to break out in a full on drench. Today I have spent the majority of my time practically standing on my head and sweating up a storm, but its all been worth it. Just for those of you that don't sweat like a ditch digger, when you wear glasses, bending over and sweating means that 95 % of the time you are cursing because you cannot see, sweat pools on glass, just sharin'.  No matter, I have managed to get a fair few things done today and that makes me happy!!

I am making further progress on the bathroom project, the grouting is done but I am not sharing pictures until it is all finished. I was so happy to have enough grout left to finish as I did not want to make a Home Depot run today. I have to say that so far I am very pleased with the progress. Then I did this,

This is the downstairs bathroom, no door trims, it has been this way since April when I laid the flooring in the bathroom. I had the door trims, just never seemed to get around to cutting and installing them. So today, all these months later, I did the install:

There are two doors in this bathroom and they now both have shiny new finish trim on them. Took me all of 15 seconds to actually screw them down. When I do something like this I wonder why I took so long. I know why, because I cannot get on my knees and its awkward to do it bent over or laying flat on the floor.

I hauled out the garbage and the recycle, I scrubbed the nasty old litter box, cleaned up the floor in the laundry room and replaced the litter all clean and fresh.  Again, most of which had me head down and bum up but Minou will be ever so please with me!!

Thank you Mama!!

I stripped my bed down to the mattress and washed all the bedding, and am hanging it outside to dry. I can tell you when I slide into bed tonight I will delight in the smell of sun/wind dried linens. Finally I folded and put away all the towels that have been on the kitchen table since last weekend when I washed them. 

Right now more laundry is chugging away in the machine, the dish washer has been emptied and refilled, floors swept and scrub pails emptied. I still have curtains to hem, a newel post to paint and an air conditioner to fix. The air conditioner I will tackle once I am done with this and feel like bending again. I just hope I can fix it and not finish it. 

Last night the No Cook Friday group put the doors back on Teddy Bear's kitchen cabinets. I have to say they turned out just as lovely as I thought they would. 

Doesn't it look nice? I have not got the curtains done but the rod is no up yet so I will pass on those pictures later. We all pitched in after we were done with supper: Coffee at Teddy Bear's house instead of the local coffee shop. 


Kit Kat and the Banker worked on putting on the doors while Teddy Bear, The Sailor and I did hinges and handles.

Teddy Bear's grandson oh so badly wanted to help. Little Man is just at the age where he would love to help but is just not old enough to. The Sailor provided him with a kindred spirit as she patiently let him help as much as she could. We were quite the excitement for him, lots going on in Granny's kitchen.

Yep that little dark circle between the Banker and the Sailor is Little Man's head. He was helping to hold the door. Too bad that children did not retain the eagerness to help as they grow older.

Yes I did do more that just take pictures, I helped with the install as well.

These are the chairs I covered for her, she has four chairs and now they are all pretty and easy clean. We used outdoor fabric. I love the blue and yellow with hits of green. So fresh and pretty. 

We had to call in some manly muscle to install the microwave shelf and rehang the cupboard over the fridge. Thankfully future son-in-law was around. 

The Sailor is tall and she could help hold the cabinet in place while the man drilled it into place. In no time at all we were done and I think Teddy Bear likes the result!!


Well I need to go tackle an air conditioner.........wish me luck!!

Toodles, 
Linda

Update: the airconditioner got the better of me, I was too scared to go too far with it and I could not get it apart enough to see the problem. I chickened out so it remains unfixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment