Saturday 6 July 2013

Saturday Catch Up

Once again I seem to be an occasional blogger but last week I was "off". Nothing I can really put a finger on but just off, not me, not feeling myself, not at one with the force but a bit like something in the fridge that is going to sprout mold at any second. That sort of "off". As a result I did not go much of a much. No  blog worthy events around the old homestead last week.

This weekend has started as normal. No Cool Friday with the girls. giggles and gossip and deep intelligent conversation, peppered with grade school humour. I love it. Its better that therapy and can make the crappiest week a distant memory, in a heart beat. Friends, so important!! Today, well today I spent most of it with the same people again, Teddy Bear, the Banker, Kit Kat and Social Butterfly.

We had decided that once Teddy Bear was ready to commit to painting the wooden cupboards in her kitchen, we would all go over and help do the deed. This was a hard decision because, they are wood and its against the laws of the universe to paint wood and well they are wood!!! EEEK, Wood cannot, shoud not be painted, ever, ever, ever!! I do not subscribe to this theory, nor does the Banker. Teddy Bear gave it great thought and then decided the lure of pretty fresh white cabinets was too much. Laws were made to be broken and today was the day. We gathered at 9:00 am for coffee and a muffin, then we got stuck in. I have no pictures from the day as I left my camera at home. I have no memory these days. Painting bee ensued and we got the primer on the cupboards. We got the walls painted, two coats of a lovely pale yellow, in no time flat. The kitchen is no longer a rosy pinkish mauvey sort of colour. The cabinetry will be white when we are done. I recovered her chairs with a yellow and blue floral print and we have blue curtains to hem and hang in the fresh new space.

We are back there tomorrow to paint the cabinets. I will try to remember my camera and share some pics. We had a blast, the Banker and I love to paint and decorate, although she is far better than I . It did not feel at all like work, the day zipped by with the usual giggles and silly talk, laughter and chatter that is so much a part of our group. Before we knew it, we had done all we could and it was time to hit the road.

On the way home, I stopped at Home Depot and got the last of the tiles I need for the upstairs bathroom. I may actually get that little project finished one of these days. I will show before and afters of it as I had my camera handy for this project. Sadly I had not measured the trim I will need to make the job complete, so I could not buy that at the same time I got the tiles. Why make only one trip when you can make two??? I do not know what is up with me these days. I am getting more and more forgetful. Its so annoying.

It was stinking hot today but just a while ago the heavens poured down buckets of rain on us. Hopefully it will cool off tonight. Speaking of cooling off, I am so mad, frustrated and yet amused over my air conditioner upstairs. Its a portable, and last year it worked fine. In the fall, I unplugged it and moved it to its spot in the bedroom and there is sat, just as it has every other year. No one has touched it, there is nothing to touch on it, its all enclosed. So why then, when I went to use it this year does  it insists on draining water onto the floor and not into the collection bin where its supposed to?? WTF!!! I have looked and poked and shaken it all I can and I cannot get the water drain where it is supposed to. I have no funds to get it professionally fixed and while I would love to open it up and hopefully see what the problem is, I am hesitant to do so. My fear is I will make it worse. So the mad is that this has happened, the frustrated is I cannot afford to get it fixed and the amused is that this is so how my life goes. Sigh!! On the upside the rug is soaked and will be a great incentive to start the removal process of said rug. Mold will just be one more "thing" living in this ancient carpet that graces my bedroom floor.

My bedroom is the next on my decorating hit list. Paint, new flooring and a new quilt for the bed. I just need to get going on it. I would like to get it done before Ireland, so I am going to use the wet carpet as a starting gun so to speak. Next weekend I will get started, maybe,if I can get the air conditioner to work or if its not stinkin hot and I can work upstairs with just the windows open.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment