Sunday 28 July 2013

Sunday Again

I wonder how old I am going to be before I get over this "Oh Crap I have to go back to school tomorrow" feeling I still get on Sunday nights. I have been out of school far longer than in but Sunday nights still bring that feeling, Maybe when I am retired there will be no more Sunday night moping and no Monday morning blues and every day is a weekend I will get over it. At the moment it has me in its grips.

Its been house cleaning, lawn mowing and general standard housekeeping around here this weekend. Much as it is every weekend. I have next Friday off and then I am hoping to get started on redoing my bedroom. The carpet needs to be removed and I have wall paper to put up. There are end tables to paint and walls to paint as well. A new quilt to be made for the bed, and pictures to be rehung. It should keep me out of trouble for a bit. I am hoping to get it done before I go on holiday but I have not quite figured out how to pay for the flooring for it but all the rest is in hand.

Still cannot wrap my head around the fact that The Hostess is moving away. She will be gone by mid August, off in hot pursuit of a new life and the happiness that she deserves. She did not find it here. I am sad to see her go but so happy for her that things are changing for her. I hope she finds what she is looking for, that this move is all she would like it to be. I shall miss her, but she is not going so horribly far away. She popped in on Saturday and we has a lovely visit, sitting on my veranda looking a the lake of weeds in my front yard.

I can't wrap my head around much these days. I am feeling a bit muddled lately, not quite on point. Mostly I just want to lay down and sleep but when I do, its never for long stretches at a time. God its fun to be a girl some times. Hot flashes and night sweats are a joy, I can tell you. such a treat to wake up feeling like a prized boiled ham only to be shivering with cold moments later because your body has cooled and you are covered in sweat. Makes me do a happy dance I can tell you.

Too much information?? I am sorry but I am tired and cranky and when I get this way I tend to complain long and loud. I will stop now, no one wants to hear me having a bit of a whine and a moan bout the state of my functions.

Best Friend and her husband will be here tomorrow to spend the evening. They are tootling around the country having a bit of a holiday and they are going to stay here on their way home. Just a flying trip, over night then off home in the morning. I am nearly ready for them. Just the upstairs bathroom to clean and then its as good as it gets. It will be nice to see them both.

I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment