Sunday 21 July 2013

Bathroom Project Finished

When I had the toilet changed in my upstairs bathroom, the new toilet did not have the same base as the old one and therefore the floor in the bathroom looked like this:


Very attractive don't you think??

I am not sure why  the toilet is sitting up on this 26 in square platform but it does. I think it may have had something to do with adding the plumbing into an old house but I am not sure. Its proved to be a bit of a pain for my poor brother when he laid the flooring. I did not want to ask him or anyone else to redo the floor and besides I like this flooring. It was a house warming gift and I was not ready to part with it. So I came up with a plan, one that I could do myself. Today I finished it.


I got some 5x5 white square tiles and I tiled the platform. I salvaged a bit of trim from my neighbour and today I finally finished it. Its not perfect, nothing is in this house. The platform is not perfectly square nor is it totally level, but I did the best I could. It looks clean and fresh, I still have the flooring that pleases me and its done at last.

I was concerned about cutting the curves on the tiles but it worked reasonably well. I used tile nippers and as I said before its not perfect but it did the job. Grout covers a multitude of sins.

Oh yes the curtains are up at Teddy Bear's house. The curtain rod needs to be cut down but they look good.


The blue in them match the blue in the chairs. She has started to hang the pictures back up and put things in the china cabinet. Its looking pretty.


Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment