Sunday 7 July 2013

We Be Paintin'

I really wish I had some before pictures so you could truly appreciate the transformation but I forgot my camera yesterday and the doors were already off the cupboards by the time I got there. Regardless I can give you a smidgen of an idea of what we accomplished. I do have a picture of the colour before we started and what we have changed it to:


Before on the left and after on the right. We left that little bit because there is some repairs that need to be done to the wall before it can be painted but it gives you an idea of what it looked like before. A pretty colour but its time was over.


Here is the Banker painting above the china cabinet. The entire cabinet was the dark wood that you can see inside by all the dishes. We painted it all a nice fresh white. What a change!! That is just the primer on the cabinet and already it makes a world of difference.

Here we have actual paint on it and you can see how nice a fresh it looks. The doors and shelves still have to be done but that will all be done in time.


The last final push at the end of the day. Kit Kat on the floor, the Banker on the counter and Teddy Bear floating someplace in the middle, while I was on the other side of the room painting drawer fronts. The Social Butterfly was not able to be here for the second round but we managed any way. Many hand make light work.

I love the yellow, its a gentle, creamy colour and makes the place look so nice and bright. We got two coats of paint onto the cabinetry and the base boards. The walls got a third coat of paint because they really needed that last coat. So only the doors, the shelf the microwave sits on and the cabinet over the fridge still need to be painted. They are in the Banker's garage and will be done over time. I cannot wait to see the finished product. To be sure there will be pictures of it all once its complete.

So that took the afternoon. Now I am home and I should be doing laundry but I do not feel like it. I am not hungry, I am not energetic, I am simply, happily tired. Now I want to get painting in my own house.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment