Wednesday 17 July 2013

Mid Week Musings

I got a present last night, Hummingbird, her partner and her daughter Miss S, stopped by and brought me this:


They said they saw it and thought of me, I cannot imagine why???? (teehee). Its me in so many ways, its crafty, it mentions quilts, its recycled, its a container...... yep its all Linda. This lovely little jar now lives in my sewing/craft room and keeps the extra hettles for my looms in a nice tidy bunch. They could not stop for long, just drop off my gift and go but we had a nice little chat before they scattered to the winds in search of costume parts for Miss. S.

I was so impressed with them last night. Miss S needs a super hero themed costume for a function and they were struggling to find something age appropriate. After all. if you give it some thought, female super heroes are not modestly dressed in this day and age. Hummingbird is not interested in painting her naked daughter blue and sending her out into the world. I was impressed that they are keeping Miss S age appropriate. While she wears the beauty of the woman she will be some day, she still is a girl, young and not yet ready for the maturity that is inching closer every day. I am so glad they are making sure she looks like what she is while she still is young. That they are not allowing her to reach ahead before its her time.  Too often childhood is left behind, lost, in favour of the trendy and the inappropriate. I was impressed.

Tonight I was over at Teddy Bears. We measured out the length of the drapes that I am going to hem for her kitchen. She will get the rod hung and then in the near future we will get the doors back on the cupboards and she will have a finished kitchen. I cannot wait to see it and I cannot wait to share some "after" pictures . We slipped out for coffee and a chat, then I came home. It was a nice way to spend the evening. Teddy Bear is very easy to visit with. Her grandson thought he should join us but the promise of marshmallow roasting in the back yard changed his mind.

Seeing her kitchen in progress always sends me home with an eye to wanting to do something in my house. I am starting a list for this weekend of little jobs that need to be finished. I am the queen of putting things off.

We had good news this week,The Hostess has a new job!! It does mean she will be moving away, starting a new life, new job, new house and I am very happy for her. I am sad too, I do not like my friends to go away. In my ideal world everyone I care about would be near me. I do not live in my ideal world, I live in the real world with everyone else and I am very aware that everyone has their own path to follow.  I will seriously miss having tea in her cozy kitchen of a weekend and having our interesting chats. The Hostess is the master of asking the hard questions that really make you think. She can challenge you at times. She will be missed by more than just me, but this is going to be such a good move for her. It fills so many of her wishes. I cannot be anything other than happy for her. She is not going to be that far away that she cannot be visited and I look forward to seeing her new house and seeing what she will do with it. She worked miracles in the house she is in now. The fact that she is leaving a job she is not happy in is truly a bonus for her. Life is too short to be doing something each day that does not make you happy.

Well, that is it for now. I want to knit for a bit before I head for bed.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment