Sunday 23 December 2012

Twas the Night before the Night Before Christmas

One of the lovely things about being completely ready for Christmas had having all the preparations done is that you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labours. Today I have been doing just that. I have been puttering about, making plans to leave tomorrow for Christmas. I have to admit that I have had another good weekend.

Friday night it was out for supper with the No Cook Gals then to the Banker's house for some fun and games. We had a little Christmas party there. We drank sangria and snacked and laughed and had a wonderful time. We always do!! Then it was home to bed and a blissful sleep in. No barking neighbours dog, no alarm clock and no need to be doing anything until 1:00 pm when E and I went out for lunch. We went to our usual Cafe/shop which can put anyone into the mood for Christmas. I love this place.

While we were finishing up an old friend of a friend that I have not seen for years stopped by our table. It was so nice to see him again, He had been lunching with friends and was finished os he joined us for a good long chat. It was wonderful to see him again and share Lady Di stories. (Lady Di was our mutual friend and she sadly passed away 5 years ago this month).  E and I worked with her so we all got to wander down memory lane and of course catch up on what is going on in his life now.It was so funny because I had driven by his old house the other day and thought of him for the first time in many years. I was remembering the Christmas parties he used to throw and how I missed them. Funny how things like that can happen. DM owned a big old three story brick house that I drooled over. Beautiful wood work, lovely antiques, and he is so entertaining. His son still lives in Brandon so he is back here rather often.

Once we parted ways, E and I did some more shopping and then I stopped and stayed for some rum and eggnog at her house before I bezzled off home. My lunch turned into an entire afternoon affair but it was all good. Seeing DM and having lunch out at one of my favourite places, shopping and good friends, well who could ask for anything more??

Today I remodeled an mantle scarf I had made for Busy many years ago. They have no fireplace now and she still liked the mantle scarf but could not use it in its current incarnation. So I remodeled it into a table runner.


not the best picture and I should have moved the red afghan from behind it but you get the idea. I hope she likes it still. I could not figure out what else to do with it. I can deliver it to her tomorrow. I was glad to get it figured out and finished before I headed to their place.

Tonight I am enjoying the holiday feeling of the house. I have made myself a nice big cup of White Hot Chocolate, some cookies and a few chocolates as a treat.


I sipped and nibbled and gazed at my Christmas decorations, watched old Christmas movies and did some knitting. A cozy, comfortable, evening in my cozy comfortable house. I loved every minute of it. This is my favourite season, I love to soak up all of it that I can. Time spent with my friends and family, the decorations, the music, the movies, the sights, sounds and smells that are Christmas, I love them all. I do have to admit that I dearly miss the big family Christmas's when both of my brother's families and I got together but I think those days are long gone. So I do not dwell on that, it makes me sad and I cannot change it. it is what it is. So I look to other things and find the joy in the season in other places. I am content that I am here in my house, the laundry is chugging away and the cat is snoozing on one of the beds upstairs. All is well with the world.


Tonight I will finish packing and head for my brother's home tomorrow. Sounds like the roads will be good and the drive is not terribly long. I look foreward to it.

So I wish each and everyone a Merry Christmas!! I hope you to can fine the joy in the Season and share it with the ones you love.

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment