Sunday 2 December 2012

Christmas Time is Here

Not sure how I could have worked and worked and worked on decorating and cleaning my house this weekend and the kitchen and sewing room still look like drunken monkeys have been partying up a storm in them. Humph. Oh well many parts of the rest of the house look very Christmasy and clean if I do say so myself. Thank goodness, I would hate to be this tired and have nothing to show for it.

The only decorating I have left to do is the lights and garlands outside. Only put up two trees this year. I did not do the one in the kitchen as I broke a leg off it this year. I will need to fix that for next year. I left the big main tree down as well. I did indulge and bought a new nativity this year. I had a small raise at work and got some back pay so I splurged and got it. I still need some more pieces to add to it but I can do that over time. That is the nice thing about Willow Tree stuff.

I have been doing some crafting for myself as you may know. Here is what my outside wreath looked like for the last five or six years, not bad but a little tired and I thought it was time for a change.


One trip to Dollarama later and it looks like this now:

I am pleased with the outcome. The bow maybe should be red but I don't have the right ribbon to redo it so its gonna stay this way for now. At least its out on the front of the house now looking Christmasy.

Remember those red socks I was knitting, well they have been added to the stairway and are just how I wanted them to look


And the new kitchen table runner, well here it is in its place:


And last but not least, the one I made for the living room:


I have other Christmas projects on the go but I will not be able to share them until they have been presented to their new owners as they are gifts.

I am having book club here this week and I need to get the house is ship shape for that. Having guests is a great motivator for getting the work done. Hense the decorating frenzy that took place this weekend. I want the place to look festive for my company. I also am 90% finished my Christmas shopping. I am doing a happy dance about that!! I hauled myself out of the house early on Saturday and got lots done quick smart before the crowds got out and started to make me homicidal.

 My two little knitting students stopped in yesterday for some more instruction. I am so pleased with how well they are getting on. Makes me feel all Grandmothery and wise to be passing on this skill. It's so cute to see them both so still and concentrating so hard on what they are doing. Their Grandma is getting some lovingly made knitted items for Christmas this year.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment