Saturday 29 December 2012

Saturday Stuff

I found my kitchen again. I spend the better part of this day finally knocking hell out of the mess I had created in there. For most of this month I have just come in the back door and dumped my stuff in the kitchen. Christmas gifts, shopping, things to be put away, things to be sorted, washed, fixed and even things to be disposed of. I would dump and then disappear. Hence my kitchen quickly turned into a disaster of the highest degree. I promised myself this week that if I did nothing else this weekend I would at least get my kitchen back. SO today after the morning grocery run, I did exactly that. It took the better part of the day but I did it. You can tell there is a table, a counter and a sink once more. Many pats on the back to me. I was going to take pictures and share them with you but I decided to keep my dirty little secrets private this time. Well that and I could not find the dang camera.

In-between fits of cleaning, I took time and sat in my favourite chair, knitting on a scarf. A friend of mine told me about this thing that is going around, 27 acts of kindness. I memory of the Conneticut school shooting. I think its a lovely idea and I have decided that this year I will make 27 scarves and then donate them to our local Christmas Cheer board. That will be my little contribution to their memory.

What else did I do?  I watched marathons on the tv about English real estate and did my level best to make sure any chocolate in this house was hunted down and devoured. The new year is coming and I need to get back on track again. My holiday slide off the wagon is fast coming to an end. (It better before I slap back all the weight I lost before Christmas.)  I have found homes for all of my Christmas gifts and put away all the bags, tissue paper and boxes. It feels good to have it all done. Next weekend I will deal with putting away the Christmas decorations

Tomorrow I will tackle laundry and make soup for lunch the coming week. The Hostess and I are going to go for sushi and that is it for my big Sunday plans. Not a lot happening here at the old homestead. The holiday fun is winding down, normal routines are creeping  back and its all good. I was amazed at how quiet the parking lots and the stores were when I went out this morning. No where near a fraction of the people that were out and about before Christmas. I have to admit I liked it. Shopping this morning did not make me want to do harm to my fellow man. That is a good thing.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment