Saturday 8 December 2012

Saturday Stuff

It has been a busy week here. I cannot believe its Saturday already, and that the day is nearly done. As soon as I have finished this post I am headed to bed and Shadow of Night. It has been a long day, I am tired but its the good kind of tired not the Oh Crap kind.

Wednesday I had book club and they came to my house. I have the place all Christmased up as much as I could. Mulled Cider simmering in the kitchen, making the house smell deliciously of cinnamon and cloves. We had a lovely evening. An evening full of good talk, good food and good friends. Some of our members were missing but we managed to chatter the evening away without them. Not only do I enjoy the company of my book club, I like that they push me to read books that I would never even give a second glance to if left to my own devises. Forces me out of my box and that is a good thing.

Thursday night E and I took in The Life of Pi. A book I have never read, but I am now putting on my "want to read" list. The movie was good. Visually stunning and definitely something you should see on the big screen. The effects are incredible. E enjoyed it and she has read the book. One of these days I will get to it.

Then I did a stupid thing, I got home Thursday night, and decided to make a little list of the things I still needed to do before Christmas. I was feeling on top of things, not totally finished but in could shape. What harm could a little list do??? Well it can make you bat shit crazy that's what it can do. I went from confident to complete panic in one sheet of paper. ARRGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday night was spent with the No Cook Group as usual. We went out for supper then to a Christmas concert at Teddy Bear's church. Don Amero performed as did a band called Red Moon Road. It was fantastic. I bought a CD of Red Moon Road. I loved the lead singers voice, so clear, true and haunting. They were such nice kids. Talented, humorous and relaxed. They are coming back next year and we all want to go again. We went for coffee after and J joined us. I was so glad she came. She is started out on a new life and it was wonderful to have her come out for some fun.

This morning I hit the stores at 8:30 am, grimly determined to finish my Christmas shopping. It went very well. Things clicked along very well and I did not want to kill anyone. An improvement over my last shopping outing. I have one gift left to buy and I should have gone for it but I was just done. Another hi-light for me was that I dropped of a trunk load of donations to the local charity shop which have been taking up space in my kitchen for far too long. Wonderful to get that done However buy the time I got to the last gift on my list, even though I knew what I wanted and where to go to get it, I was done, I was tired so I called it a day and headed to see the reno's the Hostess is having done at her place before I went home for lunch.

Her already lovely home is going to look even more lovely. She is getting her fireplace boxed in and finished off, crown molding installed, the cupboards lowered in the kitchen and some additional new ones installed. Its going to be gorgeous. We had tea and a talk and then I headed home to tackle the craft projects I need to look after. When I finished my lunch, I strapped myself to the sewing machine. I have 5 sewing projects, 5 knitting projects, one crocheting project and one painting project to complete before Christmas. (Have I mentioned that this Christmas I am talking about is not on the 25th but is being celebrated on the 15th. Hence the complete and total panic. Have I also mentioned that I have done no baking, no Christmas cards and not a present has been wrapped?? And I work full time?????????Excuse me moment I feel faint. I need to lie down for a moment.)

I am back. Now I have 2 sewing projects, 3 knitting projects, 1 crocheting project and 1 painting project left for tomorrow. I am feeling better about things. I plan to finish up all the projects tomorrow. Baking, cards and wrapping can be done over the week as I have until Thursday to complete things. Thank goodness for coffee breaks and lunch hours to work on stuff. Why I thought I was on top of things I have no idea. Complete and total delusion to say the least. Well that and the fact that I misplaced a weekend somewhere. I was so sure I had an extra weekend somewhere between November ending and December beginning. I lied to myself and now I am paying the price.

One thing I know for sure, everything will get done. Even though I am grumping about being in a panic, I love the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the holidays. I love making presents and baking and decorating. Right now I need to head to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I want to be well rested to face it.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment