Thursday 20 December 2012

I Am Officially Ready for Christmas

Which is not bad considering my family Christmas was celebrated last weekend. Good thing I am ready!!
Seriously I was ready for that one, and today I delivered all the "Friend/Co-worker" presents. Tonight I made the last batch of candied pecans so I can do up the No Cook Friday Group's gifts and I am done. We are having our No Cook Christmas party tomorrow night. Real Christmas day is going to be spent with the Carpenter and Busy, the Pilot will be home too so I am going there to hang out with them.

The family whoop-de-do was celebrated at the home of Miss Mouse and the Farmer this year. The Farmer and the Carpenter had the same weekend off so we choose that weekend to get together. I could not get there until the Saturday because I had tickets to go see Frank Mills in concert with E and I did not want to back out on her. Tickets were purchased long before the Christmas plans were made. Friday was busy, I went to a Wine and Cheese come and go thing right after work, then to Frank Mills and then home to bed. I loaded the car that night so all I had to do in the wee hours was get up and hit the road. Which I did at the butt crack of dawn. 3:45 am I was on the road, large Tim's coffee in hand. (even at that time of the morning the drive through is busy Geesh!!)  Only 8 hours later and I was at Miss Mouse's house in time for breakfast.

Thankfully the roads were good and I made good time to get there. It was lovely to see everyone. The Pilot was home with his new girlfriend, The Teacher. She is lovely,I quite like her and seems to fit in with our crowd very nicely. We did breakfast, then stockings, then presents.

So here are some pictures of the fun

First of all the lovely tree:

Yes that is a Rough Rider hat on the tree top, its Saskatchewan what else would you expect?? Under the tree was the usual plunder, and the loot bags we use instead of stockings:


Pinky, Miss Mouse's cat had to check out the goodies before we tore into it. We were busy with stocking so he was free to snoop. Yes its a male cat named Pinky. It has something to do with the colour of his nose I believe.


As we have no little people yet, who cannot wait to open gifts, we do it one at a time. This way we get to see what everyone got and it gives us more time to enjoy the process. Loot bags are a free for all, presents are more sedate. Busy is opening one of her many gifts while the Carpenter waits his turn:


Santa brought Rough Rider shirts for some people, the Pilot and the Teacher were sporting their new attire on this special occasion:



Just because we go at this present opening thing slowly does not mean that we are well behaved and sedate, there is much silliness going, on rest assured. I have no idea what the Carpenter and the Farmer are laughing at because it could have been any one of a million goofy things said and done that day. We do have lots of fun!!


Not to mention that even  though we try to go at this one gift at a time. SOME people try to jump the queue and receive many harsh verbal threats to their well being unless they behave.


Miss Mouse, loved, loved, loved the cowl scarf I knit for her. (She found it on Pinterest and I did the rest.)


In no time at all that beautiful pile of lovingly wrapped gifts was reduced to a pile of rubble!


Oh yea, we made the new kid clean up. Aren't we nice???


Miss Mouse got a sewing machine for Christmas and later on that day she got it out so her Mom and her Grandma could help her learn how to thread it and give her some basics. Both Busy and Grandma D are seriously good sewers. The fun part of this is that this scenerio has in it: two Mother's, two Daughters and a Grandma all teaching and learning. It was a merry-go-round of one bossing the other and much chirping back and forth as Mother's and Daughter's do when they try to work together. It was so funny to watch but so lovely as well. Three generations of women sharing a common interest and passing on of knowledge. Even if they did get all up in each other's bidness at times.


Typical to our family Christmas's there was dancing!!


There was napping: (Miss Mouse and Pinky taking a turn on the couch).


It was a wonderful, fun Christmas. I am so grateful that I get to be included in the fun each year. Everyone else left on Sunday but I stayed over until Monday,  I was just not all that interested in jumping back in the car and heading home so soon after I got there. On Monday Miss Mouse and I took a little trip to a near by town to see the little gift shop she works in part time. Oh it is my kind of store, I could spend a lot of money in there,they have such lovely things. We had a bit of a shop and then headed back home to the Farm for a bite of breakfast.  Bella the St Bernard watched me take my leave right after breakfast. Isn't she just the cutest thing?? She is a lovely big old baby girl, I am not a real dog person but I do like this breed. She is especially nice because she does not slobber.


I got home in time to dump the loot in the kitchen and do nothing for the rest of the evening. Back to reality and work the next day.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment