Wednesday 26 December 2012

Done and Dusted

Christmas is finished. I have to admit I am a little sad. I would like the celebrating to go on a little longer. I felt a little put out today that I had to leave my family and head home today. Busy's family always do their Christmas on Boxing Day and I am always welcome to join them. We toddled over there this morning for breakfast and then  I hit the road home. Pouting all the way, I would have much rather stayed and partied and celebrated with them but I have to work tomorrow so the sensible part of me decided that getting home in the better part of the day was the best idea.

So now I am home, more stuff has been dumped into the kitchen, which still has dumped stuff from several weekends in it, and had a nap on the couch. I chatted with the Hostess for a bit. I really must remember to tell her how much I enjoy our phone chats. It makes my day to have a little chat with her. I made some supper (thank goodness for scrambled eggs!!) and now I am blogging. I have the Christmas lights on, the trees and the little village are all lit up. I will eventually have to start thinking about cleaning away all the decorations but for now I am going to enjoy them. I may even make some more hot chocolate to sip while I gaze at the festive decor. I will enjoy the last few moments of the holiday loveliness.

I made these this year which I could not show until I had given them away as gifts but I really like them. I still have one to make for myself which I will try to do tonight or tomorrow night.

Hand knit mini sweaters. Aren't they just the cutest things??? The top four were a gift for my friend S. and the bottom three were the family ornament I gave this year. I make something each year as a family ornament and I thought these were perfect. The little blue tags have our family name and the year on them if you flip them over. I had time to make some for everyone but me before it was time to give them as gifts, hence I have to make one for myself before I take down my family tree this year. These rank right up there as among my most favourite ones I have ever made. I have made some clunkers but I have made some cute things.

So its back to work tomorrow, back to normal maybe. Its sad to see it end but on the other hand its almost a whole new year full of endless possibilities. I want this year to be the year I finally get a lot of lingering house projects done. I have a list to get started on once the New Year has begun. Endless possibilities!! Who knows what wonderful things will happen.

I so hope that each and every one of you had a lovely Christmas, whatever you were doing!!

Off to make hot chocolate and go snuggle in my favourite comfy chair

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment