Sunday 10 February 2013

Sunday Snippets

Seems to me that these days there is not enough hours in the day. I am not complaining, I like this but I just need to get myself organized so I can get more done in the time that I have. Ah well, I am off this week until Friday so I am hoping to get my bedroom purged. Its starting to look like a hoarders room so it needs to be beat back into submission.

If I am brave enough I will, maybe, post some pictures. Its become a catch all room for things that I have not put in the proper place because the place need purging. I have a very decent sized closet in  my room for the age of this house and I have crammed it full of things to the point where I really cannot get into it. There are things in there that need to go. Two boxes of high heels come to mind. My knees will not let me wear high heels anymore and even if I could they are past their time. They need to go. The plan is out with the no longer needed and in with the stuff I want to keep.

I do go on and on about this a lot. I know it, I admit it. I ramble on and on about all this getting organized, purge out the old, get on top of things. I think I do that so I keep it front and center in my mind and then I don't slide into my old ways of happily ignoring the mess and the piles of stuff. Even I have to admit, its getting a tad repetitive. I will try to do less of the talking and more of the doing.

Friday night was wonderful fun. The No Cook group did a Bud Spud and Steak night. I won a door prize!! Me, who never wins anything. I got two lovely pottery coffee mugs, a travel coffee mug, a tiger lily print that I cannot wait to frame and hang, and a calender. After the delicious supper, we all trucked over to the Hostess' place for her Reno Reveal party. Oh my what a lovely evening. She had such lovely food, the stuff you see on pinterest or the cooking network but the difference is she actually made it. So we ate, drank, talked and laughed the evening away. Her home is lovely, cozy and welcoming. She has made incredible changes in the place, it looks nothing like the place she bought.

Then last night, the Carpenter and Busy arrived for a sleep over on their way home from Jamaica. They spent the night, I fed them breakfast then they headed home to get settled before they start back to work again. They looked tanned, relaxed and happy. It was sad to see them leave but I totally get why they wanted to get home in good time.

Once they left, I worked on the quilt I started a while ago, took a nap and chatted on the phone. I almost have the quilt top sewn together. I just need to sew the boarder strips on to finish it off. I may do that yet tonight. I would like to get it ready to quilt as soon as I can because I am already itching to start another one.

Gotta go sew

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment