Saturday 16 February 2013

Saturday Stuff

The weekend started with the No Cook Friday Group going to a trivia night. We went last year and had a blast even though we came in dead last. This year we kicked butt and came in third from last. We had so much fun. The Hostess came along too  as she likes trivia. Instead of four of us like last year we had 7 players but we still need to find someone who knows sports, damn it. This year we had costumes, some lovely aprons, whipped up by T, the Banker and me.


Don't we look cute? I hid most of our faces because I have not asked for permission to be putting my friends faces on my blog, so better safe than sorry. A is missing, she ditched us for a hockey game. The Hostess kindly took the picture of us.

Last night after I got home I was not quite ready to settle down to sleep even though I had been out later than I usually am. I decided to curl up in bed and watch a DVD. The fun part of doing this is that you spend most of the movie with this for view


Yes that is the tv directly behind her head. The death stare is because I am trying to ignore her and watch the television. 99% of the time she could care less what I am doing but try and watch something in bed and she is all up in your biddness!! Demanding ear rubs, back scratches and all the general lovey attention she can get. Silly kitty. She will lay down for a while, lull you into a false sense that you can actually watch the full screen, then she will pop back up and start the whole performance all over again. Eventually she gets tired of this and leaves. Up until then she is just darn annoying.

This morning started slow. I slept in which was lovely, I had no real need to be up and going so I took advantage and had a little lie in. Once I was up and had some breakfast, I filled the trunk of the car with half the donation stuff and hauled it off. The faster it gets out of my house the better for me. Less likely to root through it and change my mind this way. I have one more car full to go tomorrow. I spent the rest of the afternoon sewing on the quilt of the red bedroom.


The top is done now and I just need to quilt it. Right now I have three quilt tops sitting in the wings waiting to get quilted. Turner Classic movies had some old MGM musicals on this afternoon so it was the perfect back drop to my sewing. Outside the snow has been falling ever so gently. Not lots of flakes, just a very few at a time. Sort of like a snow globe when things have almost settled down after a good shake. A pot of tea on the sewing table within easy reach and it was the perfect way to spend an afternoon, in my world anyway.

Now I am headed for a nap, then supper, then maybe I will work on the last of the puppets. I have only got two left to do. Tomorrow I will rid myself of the last of the purged items, and maybe I will finally make the new bed skirt for my bed. Laundry will be done and maybe the dishes will finally get finished. I want to make a big pot of soup and anything else my little heart desires, Three day weekends are wonderful.

For now the couch is calling my name.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment